Monterey County and San Luis Obispo County have both just begun to reopen, which is perfect timing for Father’s Day weekend! While regulations are still in place to ensure safe social distancing, you’ve got more fun options than you would have a couple weeks ago. As your Central Coast real estate agent, here are some ideas for a fun Father’s Day weekend!
1. Spend a day on Lake Nacimiento. Lake Naci is open to the public with limited operations and park entry, so be sure to read all the current rules and plan ahead. Get there early, as a limited number of vehicles and boats are allowed at a time and Father’s Day weekend is sure to be busy! Head out on a boat for some water sports, or go fishing, and enjoy the Dragon with your family.
2. Play a round of golf. If dad loves golfing, make reservations at a local golf course, such as Pebble Beach Golf Links or Del Monte Golf Course in Monterey County, or Morro Bay Golf Course or Hunter Ranch Golf Course in SLO County. Call around and see who has availability. If you can’t find any, get dad a gift card for a future day of golf!
3. Take dad out to eat. If it’s been a long time since dad has dined out at a restaurant, he’s not alone! Many Central Coast restaurants have reopened for dine-in with social distancing measures in place, and most are still offering takeout and delivery as well. Call around to see what’s available at your favorite restaurants, and choose whatever you’re most comfortable with.
4. Take dad to a winery. Paso Robles wineries have also begun opening. Check out this full list of wineries that are open, along with hours, rules to follow, and any special offerings right now. Hayseed and Housdon have tasting fees waived with each bottle purchased. Iron Oaks Winery will give you an air high five when you come in. JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room has weekly wine and food specials.
5. Spend the day outdoors. There are so many ways to enjoy Father’s Day outdoors on California’s Central Coast. If you venture out, head to Lake Nacimiento or a Central Coast beach, or go hiking or biking on a local trail. If you stay home, play lawn games outside, splash around in your pool if you have one, have a BBQ or picnic, roast s’mores around a backyard fire pit, or go camping in your backyard!
No matter how you spend Father’s Day this year, we hope you have a fun weekend, and we wish all of the dads a Happy Father’s Day!
When ready to accomplish your Central Coast real estate goals, give our Oak Shores Realty team a call. We are here and ready to answer any questions you have, and to guide you through the home-selling and/or home-buying process, until your summer real estate goals are a reality!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.