With the official first day of fall tomorrow, we are saying our last goodbye to summer and gearing up for the beautiful autumn season. Last week, I talked about ways you can get your home ready for fall to ensure your home stays well maintained all year long.
But, what if you’re trying to sell your Lake Nacimiento home this fall? It’s still good to go ahead and take care of those maintenance aspects so that your home is ready to go for the new homeowner, but there’s even more you can do to make your home appealing to buyers!
The Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market tends to pick up during the fall, so you’ll want to be sure to jump ahead of the competition by getting your home on the market while also playing up the great season! Here are ten things you can do to help your home sell quickly this fall.
1. Update your listing photos– If your Lake Nacimiento home was listed last winter or spring, talk with your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent about updating your home’s marketing with brand new fall shots. Pictures from the previous season make your listing seem dated.
2. Focus on curb appeal– Selling your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home during the fall certainly comes with one advantage: the season’s beautiful foliage which can automatically make your home more attractive for showings. However, you still need to do your part to keep your home looking its best. Start by sprucing up your lawn, keep falling leaves at bay with frequent raking and patch up any brown spots in the grass.
3. Appeal to the senses– As the weather cools down in Central California, make your home a warm, welcoming space where buyers will want to stick around. Offer coffee or freshly baked cookies to appeal to their sense. If you encourage them to stay awhile during showings, you give them more time to admire your home’s best features.
4. Flaunt your fireplace– A warm, inviting fireplace is a great selling point as the weather gets cooler. Highlight this fall-friendly feature by arranging your furniture to make your fireplace a focal point. Place a mirror, artwork, vases or other tasteful decor on top of the mantel to make it even more prominent.
5. Think like a buyer– Fall house hunters are looking for great deals on Lake Nacimiento homes, so be prepared for lowball offers and possible non-serious buyers. Manage your expectations and negotiate accordingly, depending on your motivation.
6. Hire a reliable real estate professional– As the market picks up this fall, you definitely want a great Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent to take some of the pressure of selling your home off your shoulders. If you are still searching for an agent; I would love to help you sell your Lake Nacimiento home!
7. Price it right– If you want to grab the attention of Lake Nacimiento buyers in this competitive market, you need to price your home correctly from the start – possibly slightly lower than comparable homes in your neighborhood. Setting your listing price just right could lead to a bidding war, resulting in a higher sales price for you. Work with your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent to price your home correctly.
8. Watch your timing– Put your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home on the market well in advance of looking for a new home. And don’t place an offer on your next home until you have solid offers on the one you have to sell now. The last thing you want to do is juggle two mortgage payments.
9. Beware of TMI (too much information)– Buyers think most sellers these days are in dire straits, so don’t do anything to add to that perceived advantage and lower your potential selling price. For instance, if you are moving from Lake Nacimiento due to an extenuating circumstance, it’s best not to offer up that information or at the very least, downplay the urgency. While you are obligated to disclose everything about the property’s condition, you aren’t obligated to disclose your personal situation.
10. Be flexible– We are currently in a buyers market on Lake Nacimiento so be willing to work with buyers to help your chances of making a quick sale. Offer to pay for closing costs or repairs, and be adaptable when it comes to showing your home and holding open houses. If you really need to sell your Lake Nacimiento home, you need to accommodate buyers’ busy schedules as well. This might mean opening your home on weeknights and weekends. Be flexible!
These ten tips should give you some added insight into what it takes to get your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home sold this season. It can always seem a little daunting to put your home on the market, but with these tips and the guidance of an experienced Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent; you should have no problem selling your home!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!