Where are your favorite places to dine on the Central Coast? See if they made this list from Eater, a national dining news source that highlights restaurants they find worthy. They recently highlighted 18 restaurants on the Central Coast, many of which are in our little region of paradise. As your Central Coast real estate agent, allow me to summarize the findings.
Here are a few local highlights and what they had to say about them:
1. La Cosecha in Paso Robles – With Spanish-leaning small plates, seafood, pizzas and larger-format dishes, there is something for everyone to enjoy here.
2. Il Cortile Ristorante in Paso Robles – Upscale rustic Italian food is the name of the game here, with noodles, seafood, truffles in season and plenty of wine.
3. Firestone Grill in San Luis Obispo – The line at Firestone wraps around the building for good reason. Here you can enjoy Santa Maria-style barbecue and fans rooting for their favorite teams on the TVs.
4. The Spoon Trade in Grover Beach – When looking for casual, but also a made-from-scratch menu, this is your place. Brunch lovers, beachgoers and locals all love this place.
5. Ember in Arroyo Grande – Chef Brian Collins has a background of cooking in places like San Francisco, but returned to the Central Coast in 2013. Here you can enjoy wood-fired flavors and seasonal menus.
See the rest of the restaurants that made the list from Eater.
Of course, these lists of best Central Coast restaurants all depend on who you talk to and what they are judging. In a list from Gayot, they name the best restaurants based on the Central Coast views you can enjoy from them. On this list is Frankie & Lola’s Front Street Café, and The Galley Seafood Grill & Bar in Morro Bay, The Grill at Hunter Ranch in Paso Robles, Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill in Cambria, Schooners Wharf in Cayucos, and Ventana Grill in Pismo Beach.
According to Mercury News, the four best restaurants on the Central Coast are Blue Moon over Avila in Avila Beach, Ember again in Arroyo Grande, Shell Beach Brewhouse in Pismo Beach, and Mason Bar and Kitchen in Arroyo Grande.
Then Wine Spectator chose their own list, but of course their partial to more upscale restaurants with lots of fine wine. Their list includes Andre’s Bouchee and Aubergine in Carmel-by-the-Sea, Marinus at Bernardus Lodge in Carmel Valley, and in Paso Robles, Artisan, Bistro Laurent, Thomas Hill Organics and Villa Creek.
So, did your favorite Central Coast restaurant make any of these lists? If not, leave a comment and share where your favorite place is to dine locally, in Monterey County or San Luis Obispo County. We’re all ears!
Enjoy the local cuisine here on the Central Coast, and when ready to achieve your Central Coast real estate market goals, contact me, your Oak Shores Realty agent! I am here and ready to answer your questions and to help you through the home-buying and/or home-selling process this summer!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.