Happy New Year! With a new year comes a new list of home design trends that designers predict to be big this year, and trends that may be on their way out. These are all guesses, based on what changes they saw take place in 2020, and what buyers are seeking in the market right now. Because 2020 was such a crazy year, the home design trends predicted for 2021 are a bit different than usual! As your Lake Nacimiento real estate agent, I’m here to fill you in on some predictions.
As always, take these with a grain of salt. If you feel pulled toward some of them, by all means, redecorate with these trends in mind! If you’re selling soon, talk to your agent about what buyers are looking for locally. These are fun to look at, but every homeowner has different tastes. It’s all about living in a home that you love, or making updates that will attract buyers when you to go to sell.
1. Comfort. Minimalism is on its way out, thanks to all the time we’ve spent living at home in 2020. Experts say that 2021 is all about comfort, with plush upholstery, cozy fabrics and warm colors.
2. Versatility. Homeowners are rethinking less-used space and coming up with ways to put every corner of their house to use. For example, could a nightstand also work as a desk?
3. Greenery. More than ever, homeowners are seeking to bring the outdoors in, especially during winter months. This means more houseplants, along with wooden accents, nature hues, etc.
4. Outdoor upgrades. Homeowners are also seeking to spend more time outdoors. This means upgrading their outdoor space. Right now, heaters and extra light sources are big for the winter months.
5. Peel-and-stick wallpaper. This is an easy and dramatic way to add color or patterns to your home. When you get tired of the design, you can just peel it off!
6. Industrial styling. This includes things like exposed stonework, high ceilings, and wood and metal elements. It’s a fuss-free style, with a mix of modern and traditional.
What are some of the design trends that experts say are on their way out? Shiplap on interior walls, gray kitchens, all-white rooms, mid-century modern furniture, barn doors and farmhouse design, accent walls, matching furniture sets, single-purpose spaces, minimalism, neutral colors, faux flowers and plants, slipcovers, and dark colors.
From these lists, which home design trends for 2021 would you most like to incorporate into your house? Are you looking to get rid of any of the trends that are on the way out? Or are you against the grain and love some of the designs on the way out, or loathe some of the designs arriving? Leave a comment and let us know what you think!
Home design trends are always changing, but the desire to own a home does not. If you have Lake Nacimiento real estate goals you’d like help with this year, as a buyer, seller or both, give our Oak Shores Realty team a call today! Let’s discuss your goals, your timeline, and a plan of action, to make those goals a reality as soon as possible.
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.