Just like in a new relationship, when searching for a new home, it’s easy to get confused between love and lust. Did you just fall in love with the perfect home, or are you lusting over a home that isn’t really what you need or want because it’s just so beautiful? As your Lake Nacimiento real estate agent, I am here to help you know when you’ve found ‘the one!’
Here are important questions to ask yourself when you think you’ve fallen in love with a home:
1. Does it have your must-haves? It’s smart to make a must-have list before beginning your home search, so you don’t lose track of what’s most important. Does it have a lake view or lake access? Does it have land or a large backyard? Does it have the number of bedrooms you need? Does it have an open floor plan for entertaining if you’re a common party host? Come up with your own must haves.
2. Is the location correct? It’s easy to fall in love with a home but forget about where it’s located. You can change a home, but you can’t change the location! If you’re looking for a lake home, is it on or near Lake Nacimiento or a lake community? If you want a country setting, is it nice and quiet with lots of land? Is it in a good school district if moving with children?
3. Can you afford it? Most buyers in today’s market get a preapproved for a mortgage loan before beginning their home search, so they know exactly what they can afford. Make sure you shop within your budget to avoid loan denial or buyer’s remorse down the road. We’ve got homes available in all price ranges! Only search in your price range so you don’t fall in love with a home out of your league.
4. Will this home fit your future needs? Whether it’s a permanent home or vacation home, think about what your future needs will be. Will your family be growing in size, either with more children or pets, or with aging parents moving in with you? If you are the one aging, will the home suit your aging needs, as far as how many stairs it has, or how much lawn/gardening care is needed?
5. Is there potential? Even if a home doesn’t fit your exact wish list, a home can be improved or renovated. If you are hoping to add additions or structural changes, it’s smart to inquire with city officials before you buy, to find out what you are allowed to do, what you can’t do, what requires a permit, etc. But overall, a solid foundation and good bones in a home are more important than the minor details.
As your Lake Nacimiento real estate agent, I am here to help you through every step of the home-buying process! I can help you find homes that meet your price range and must-have list in the Central Coast real estate market, and I can help you determine when you’ve found ‘the one.’ Give me a call today, let’s begin your home search!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.