What are your plans for Father’s Day this year on the Central Coast? If you need ideas, as your Central Coast real estate agent, I am here to offer you some! Whether your dad would enjoy grilling and boating on Lake Nacimiento, or heading to an all-you-can-eat brunch, find an event or activity that you know your dad would love to do this weekend.
1. If you live in Oak Shores, bring dad to the Father’s Day BBQ Party this Sunday, hosted by Oak Shores Christian Fellowship! This will run from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., where dad can enjoy a plethora of delicious food and comradery with other dads and families in the community.
2. Why go anywhere when you’ve got all the fun you need on Lake Nacimiento? Head out on The Dragon for a day of boating, swimming, fishing, water sports, whatever dad likes best. Host a barbecue in your backyard afterward, or pack sandwiches and snacks to eat out on the boat. Or, reserve a campsite and make a night or full weekend of it, grilling over a campfire!
3. Is dad an artist, or a striving one? Bring him to Progress Not Perfection Paint Parties in Pacific Grove on Father’s Day to paint ‘Sittin’ On The Dock’ from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. All supplies are included, it’s open to all ages, and those 21 and up can bring their own wine. Dad will go home with a fishing painting!
4. If dad loves wine, bring him to the Carmel Valley Art & Wine Celebration. Wine tasting tickets are $30 in advance, $40 at the door. General admission is free if you just want to browse more than 40 art exhibits or enjoy the live music. Military and senior discount is $27 for advanced tickets. Ticket includes 10 tastings, a commemorative wine glass and a ride on the MST Grapevine Express, Line 24.
5. If dad is a runner, sign him up for the Run in the Name of Love 5K in Carmel-by-the-Sea on Sunday. Or, you could sign up and run for him. Everyone is encouraged to run in the name of someone they love. The run begins at 8:30 a.m. at Carmel’s historic Sunset Center and follows a coastal path. Celebrate afterward at Carmel’s Ocean Beach.
6. Lucia Restaurant at Bernardus Lodge & Spa will feature a Father’s Day BBQ with free-range chicken, natural Angus beef hamburgers, artisan sausages, potato salad, organic salad and corn on the cob. Afterward, enjoy a game of bocce or croquet on the lawn. Buffet costs $45 for adults, $20 for kids age five to 12. It’s served from 12 to 2:30 p.m.
There are also plenty of golf courses to take dad to, hiking or biking trails throughout the Central Coast, and delicious restaurants and breweries to indulge in. I hope all the dads out there enjoy their special day!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.