There is still time to buy a Lake Nacimiento home and enjoy the second half of summer on the lake! When ready to begin the home-buying process, give me a call, your trusted Lake Nacimiento real estate agent. I can answer all of your questions, guide you through the process and help you find the lake home of your dreams.
If buying a home sounds overwhelming, allow me to break down the home-buying process into ten totally doable, easy-to-follow steps:
1. Save a down payment. If you’re going to finance a home, most mortgage loans require at least some money down, so save what you can. However, you don’t need 20 percent, which many buyers believe. There are loans available with 10 percent down, or as little as 3 percent. VA loans require 0 percent down!
2. Have your finances in order. It’s important to know what your credit score is and where your finances are at. If your credit score is in need of improvement, work on raising that score before applying for a mortgage loan. If it’s good to go, start gathering financial paperwork.
3. Find a real estate agent. A local agent can help guide you through the first steps of the home-buying process, can help answer any home-buying questions you have, and can get you in contact with trusted mortgage lenders in the area. It’s important to have a professional on your side along the way!
4. Get preapproved. You want to get preapproved for a mortgage before you begin house hunting, so sellers take you seriously as a buyer, and so you know exactly what you can afford. Meet with a mortgage lender for this step.
5. Search for a home! This is the fun part. Now that you know your budget, you’re preapproved and you have a real estate agent working with you, you can search for homes that meet your criteria. Set up private showings with your agent at the homes that interest you most.
6. Make offers. Your first offer on a home may not be accepted, so it’s important to work fast and make an offer on a home you love. Your agent will help you determine the best price to offer or counteroffer if need be.
7. Get a home inspection. Once you have an offer accepted, it’s time to get a home inspection. This will let you know if there are any hidden issues with the home.
8. Get a home appraisal. Your lender will arrange this to ensure the property is worth the price you have agreed to pay for it.
9. Close! Once the loan is approved and all contingencies in the deal have been met, it’s time to sign the papers and officially become a homeowner!
10. Move in. The keys are yours! Move in and make this new space your own.
As your Lake Nacimiento real estate agent, I am here to help every step of the way. I will find you homes that best meet your needs, I will set up showings for you to see the homes, I will help you negotiate the best deal for the home, and I will help you close on your new home. Give me a call, let’s make your Lake Nacimiento real estate market goals a reality this summer!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.