While we continue to stay at home on California’s Central Coast, to flatten the curve and combat the COVID-19 pandemic, there are still plenty of ways you can help in your Central Coast community! As your Central Coast real estate agent, I am here to share some suggestions:
1. Order food from your favorite restaurants, and shop local grocery stores and farm stands. Many restaurants are still open for delivery or pickup, so you can still enjoy a night without cooking while supporting your favorite restaurants! Here is a map of restaurants in Monterey County and a list of Paso Robles restaurants with delivery or pick up options. Likewise, when shopping for groceries, choose local stores, or shop straight from local farms for the freshest produce.
2. Purchase local goods, services, or gift cards. Shops are mostly closed, but check your favorite store websites to see if they are offering online shopping or curbside pickup. Check in with your favorite service providers to see if they have virtual offerings. For example, Lake Life Wellness Center has virtual personal training and nutrition coaching, and Painte Studio & Gallery has virtual paint classes. You could also purchase gift cards for future use.
3. Support local wineries. Paso Robles wineries are offering virtual services and curbside pickup. Check out the Zoom hangout sessions with Paso winemakers, which feature educational themes and virtual tastings. Upcoming session topics include sustainability efforts, food pairings and more. Call local wineries as well, to see what purchasing options are available.
4. Show support in other ways. Even if you can’t offer financial assistance to your favorite businesses right now, there are other ways you can help. Leave five-star reviews for your favorite businesses online, which will help them rank higher in searches. Many museums and attractions are putting a lot of creative time into setting up virtual experiences and tours, so enjoy the fruits of their labors and share with family/friends. Monterey Bay Aquarium, for example, has animal webcams, virtual meditations and more.
5. Reach out, make donations. There are plenty of ways to donate funds or services right now. Donate food to local food banks or churches, and offer to volunteer your time there. Make face masks for members of your community or healthcare workers. Reach out to family members, friends and neighbors, to see if anyone needs assistance. For example, you could offer to grocery shop or cook for elderly neighbors, or set up virtual chats with friends or family who live alone.
How else are you helping out in the community during this time? Leave a comment and let us know!
If you need assistance buying and/or selling real estate right now in the Central Coast real estate market, give us a call! Our Oak Shores Realty team is still working virtually to help you accomplish your spring real estate goals, and we have lots of active listings! While you have extra time, now may be the perfect time for you to work toward your home-buying and/or home-selling goals, and we’re ready to help.
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Real Estate
View Oak Shores Listings
Visit My Website
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.