It’s hard to believe that Christmas is only a week away! Whether you live on Lake Nacimiento year round or you’re visiting this holiday season, chances are you’ve been busy attending holiday parties, Christmas shopping and baking some of the best tastes of the season. It’s easy to find yourself in a busy state throughout the entire holiday season, so it’s important to take time to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas.
We give gifts to remember all that we’ve been given and to allow the festive spirit of giving to flow through us! And, while it can be easy to give to those we love, it’s oftentimes harder to remember to give to those who can’t give anything in return.
As you reflect on the holidays, why not take a few minutes to think about how you can give back to the community and those in need this holiday season around Lake Nacimiento? Here are a few ideas to help get you started!
1. Donate- Now is a great time to go through your closets and donate any clothes or shoes that you no longer need. Toys that have been outgrown, books and games can also be donated to various organizations around Lake Nacimiento and provide those in need with things they need and can use for gifts this season.
2. Volunteer- Many organizations in Central California are looking for additional help over the holiday season! Soup kitchens, retirement homes, homeless shelters and many others oftentimes host holiday parties or round up food, clothing and toys for those who are without this holiday season. Gather a few friends or family members to join you!
3. The Gift of Giving- Instead of buying another gift for a family member that they don’t need; consider donating a gift on their behalf. Letting them know that one of their gifts went to someone with no Christmas gifts can be a very fulfilling gift!
4. Go Green- Give back to the Lake Nacimiento environment by cutting back on the energy and resources you use this holiday season. Choose LED Christmas lights, wrap presents in recycled brown paper bags tied with festive string, turn down your thermostat and use your fireplace for added warmth and a cozy environment.
5. Feed the Hungry- The next time you go grocery shopping, stock up on canned goods and other non-perishable items that can be donated to a food pantry or homeless shelter. Gather with friends and family and put together Christmas food baskets that include cookies, hot chocolate, and other festive foods then donate to families you know who are in need or to a local shelter.
As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, I’m always looking for ways to get involved in the community and to let you knows of ways to engage as well! I hope these ideas inspire you to give back this Christmas! Gather friends, family and neighbors to join in and make it a yearly tradition of your Lake Nacimiento holiday season!
If you don’t currently own a home on Lake Nacimiento, but are curious about the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market; please let me know! I’m always here to answer questions and to guide you through the home buying process.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!