The rain we’ve been getting on the Central Coast is great! Do your rain dances and let’s fill up The Dragon! While you’ll hear few complaints about the rain in the Central Coast region, because it’s so desperately needed, you might find yourself at a loss for what to do while it rains. As your Central Coast real estate agent, I’m here to remind you that there are plenty of fun indoor activities to enjoy!
1. Join a group fitness program at Lake Life Wellness! They’ve got all sorts of great options this time of year for Lake Nacimiento residents. From yoga and massage therapy, to barre and core classes, to detox workshops and nutrition counseling, this is a great place to accomplish your healthy New Year’s Resolutions.
2. Visit a museum along the Central Coast. We’ve got some great options! From Monterey Museum of Art, to Pacific Grove Museum of Natural History, to National Steinbeck Museum in Salinas, there are options for enthusiasts of every background. Art, history, literature, science and more are all covered. For animal lovers, a drive to Monterey Bay Aquarium makes for a great day!
3. Visit a library. You can head to your local library to find new books for everyone in the family to enjoy reading on rainy days, or plan to attend a special event. For example, in the SLO County library district, there are preschool story times, book clubs for all ages, meditations, art contests, afternoon movies, crafts, support groups, knitting for beginners, Lego club and more. Check out the calendar!
4. Take your kids somewhere to burn off energy. If you’ve got young kids, rainy days stuck in the house can leave you feeling frazzled. Indoor options for burning off steam include HOP’s Bounce House in Atascadero, the indoor play area at Life Community Church in Templeton, the Paso Robles Children’s Museum, Thrive Training Center in Atascadero or Paso, SLO Children’s Museum and many others.
5. Satisfy your history craving by visiting one of the Central Coast region’s many historical sites! Take a tour inside Hearst Castle, or learn why Atascadero was once called Tent City at Historic City Hall. Visit one of Central Coast’s beautiful Missions, such as Mission Soledad, Carmel Mission, Mission San Antonio de Padua, Mission San Miguel Arcangel and others.
6. Go wine tasting. While wine tasting is thoroughly enjoyed on gorgeous outdoor patios throughout the Paso Robles region, there are plenty of indoor tasting rooms where you can relax, sip on wine and get to know the winemakers. For upcoming events or wine specials, keep up with individual winery events on the Paso Robles Wine Country website.
7. Search for your next Central Coast home! A rainy day is the perfect opportunity to browse the Central Coast real estate market to find your Lake Nacimiento dream home. When you find one that interests you, contact our Oak Shores Realty team, and we’ll answer your questions about it and set up a time for you to view it!
Enjoy the rain, do your rain dances, and contact us for all of your real estate needs on the Central Coast!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.