The exciting summer season is underway here on Lake Nacimiento and with it comes a wide variety of ways to explore Lake Nacimiento, local events, outdoor activites and much more! Because many of us will begin spending a good majority of time outdoors, it can be easy to forget some of things that need to be done to be sure your home on Lake Nacimiento is ready for summer too!
As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent who is dealing with homes on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market on a daily basis; I want to help you ensure you can keep your home in tip-top shape for years to come! Here are a few things you’ll want to do to get your Lake Nacimiento home ready for the long summer season.
1. Change Your Filters– This is a must for your home each year. Keeping a fresh filter will ensure you don’t run into any major issues with your heating and cooling system in the future.
2. Test your cooling system- Before the summer heat gets uncomfortable; you’ll want to make sure your air conditioning is working properly. If it’s not running correctly or not getting cool enough, you’ll need to put a request in for a mechanic; so don’t delay! Heating and cooling mechanics find hot summer months to be their busiest season. Looking for a way to save? Fans and opening your windows for that fresh lake air may be just the trick! Just make sure your screens are free from holes so you don’t have unwanted insects in your home.
3. Driveways & Walkways- Now is a great time to repair any issues with your driveway or walkway. If you’re expecting guests this summer or you’re considering selling your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home; these little details can set the tone for the rest of your home. Investing in shrubbery, potted plants and mulch is another great way to keep your driveway and walkway looking well maintained.
4. Awnings & Umbrellas- Thinking of getting your awnings and umbrellas ready for summer use? Hose everything down thoroughly and use a mild soap, if necessary. Check to see if your umbrella cover is machine washable. After sitting in a garage during the cooler months, you want to make sure everything is fresh and ready to go!
5. Decks & Porches- Sweep the floors of all areas throughout and remove cobwebs from light fixtures, ceilings, and railings. Once the area is clear, check for holes, splintered wood, loose nails, and replace anything that may be damaged. It is also a good idea to seal the deck with a water-proofing sealer that also has a UV protectant.
6. Outdoor Furniture- While, outdoor furniture is made withstand many of the elements; it’s not indestructible. When the outdoor season is over, all outdoor furniture should be covered with a waterproof canvas or tarp, or it can be stored in a garage or shed. Weekly cleaning and routine washes with a hose will make your outdoor furniture last much longer.
I hope these tips help as you get your home ready and begin enjoying the summer season! Living or vacationing on Lake Nacimiento during the summer months is one of the best ways to take in all that our beautiful lake and community have to offer!
If you have questions about buying a home in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch on Lake Nacimiento; please feel free to contact me today! I would love the opportunity to talk with you and show you come of the homes currently available on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market.
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!