Lake Nacimiento is a favored vacation destination for many living in the Central California area due to it’sgreat location, beautiful lake, vibrant local communities of Oak Shores and Heritage Ranch and the wide variety of homes from which to choose. As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent for over twenty years, I have enjoyed helping many buyers, not only find their ideal home on Lake Nacimiento, but find the relaxing and fun lifestyle they were seeking.
As we approach the official summer start of summer this month, it seems that Lake Nacimiento residents have jumped right in to its endless summer activities of boating, swimming, skiing, hiking along the lake and just enjoying the long, warm days from the deck of their lakefront home. Sound like a great way to spend a vacation? It’s never too late to consider a vacation home on Lake Nacimiento!
If you are planning on buying a Lake Nacimiento home as a treasured vacation getaway, there are a few quick tips that I think are important to know when buying a second home. Taking on a second mortgage is a large decision and can be a very wise investment, especially considering the current market conditions. Many who have been considering buying a second home are taking advantage of the current low mortgage rates and historically low home prices. Reviewing these tips before taking the plunge will help prepare you for what to expect and to ensure you’re making the smart investment you desire.
1. Be Patient– When shopping for a Lake Nacimiento home, take your time. Be patient and take time to discover the pros and cons of each place you visit.
2. Weigh the Pros and Cons– If you like something, don’t make any rash decisions. While it can be tempting to make a quick decision if you’re only visiting for a weekend, taking a few days to really consider the purchase will help ensure you’ve made the best decision.
3. Ask Yourself the Right Questions:
. How often will you visit and how much time will you spend there?
. Is it worth the money?
. What will the price appreciation be, realistically?
. How much will you have to pay every year for landscaping, association dues, garbage collection and taxes?
4. Don’t Try to Play the Market– Home prices across the nation are some of the lowest that we’ve seen in a long time, so you’re bound to find a great deal. As the market continues to improve, home prices will only increase. Don’t wait!
5. Know the Difference of Lake Living– Make sure you can get the insurance you need, particularly if you want to buy a lake front home on Lake Nacimiento. Lake living is great, but there are a few additional things to consider that you wouldn’t need to think about when living inland.
6. Compare Mortgage Products– While the loan standards and rates are nearly the same for first and second homes, there can be unexpected changes if the lender considers your purchase an investment property. Your interest rate could be pushed up 1.5 to 2 percentage points, so be aware and plan accordingly. Oftentimes buyers will use the equity on their first home to make a down payment for their second home. You’ll want to think through the best option for you, or talk with your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent about any other options.
Buying a vacation home on Lake Nacimiento is an exciting time as you view the beautiful homes currently available in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch. If you have questions about the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market or are ready to begin your search; please let me know! As an experienced Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, I can assure you that I’ll help you find your dream home in an efficient manner; you’ll be enjoying lazy summer days on the lake in no time. Contact me today to get started!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Real Estate
View Oak Shores Listings
Visit My Website
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!
This Post Has One Comment
My wife and I have been wanting to buy a waterfront because it’s been something we’ve always wanted. I liked that you had mentioned that it can be important to know the differences that come with living on a lake. We’ll have to think about what differences it will bring, and then we’ll start looking into buying a waterfront home.