Living in the Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch communities on Lake Nacimiento is a dream come true for manywho enjoy a permanent residence or vacation home on this beautiful lake. Perhaps you’ve enjoyed many years in your Lake Nacimiento home, but because of extenuating circumstances, you need to sell.
You may worry that, because it’s a buyers market, it will be hard to sell your Lake Nacimiento home. However, setting realistic goals and working with an experienced Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent will ensure a quick and seamless home selling process.
Of course the sale of a home is oftentimes determined by the price of the home. This can be tricky because you’ve invested time, energy and money into your Lake Nacimiento home and want to make sure there’s a profitable return on investment. Taking a objective approach to selling your home and looking realistically at the current market will help you set a price that will peak buyers’ interest, and ensure you’re not disappointed with the end result.
Take a look at these six tips for setting the best price for your Lake Nacimiento home!
1. Study past sales- This is the starting point for any thoughtful and successful pricing strategy; think of it as the “science” part. Take the time to study past sale statistics for homes in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch that are similar to yours. None will be identical, of course, but having a clear understanding of true market value is the first step in establishing your list price.
2. Do not confuse active listings with past sales- Active listings have not sold, they are just your competition. It is important to be aware of your competition’s pricing, but focusing on the price of sold homes will give you a more realistic approach.
3. Do not overprice because you have time- The longer your home sits on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market, the less interest it receives. Buyers have the option to be picky and will quickly overlook and overpriced home. They may also wonder why the home has been sitting on the market and if there are issues with the home. Put your home on the market when you’re ready to sell and price it correctly from the beginning!
4. Leave some room for negotiation, but don’t overreach- No seller wants to feel he left money on the table, and no buyer wants to overpay. Your price should give both parties room to maneuver. If it is too high, you risk being perceived as unrealistic, and buyers will pass over your home.
5. Think like a buyer- What are the things that you value in a home? Is it a large yard, an updated kitchen or a view of Lake Nacimiento? These are likely the same things that your buyer values as well. Talk to your Lake Nacimeinto Real Estate agent about what buyers are looking for in an Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home. They work with buyers on a daily basis and will be able to direct you to any updates that need to be made in your home to help it sell.
6. React swiftly and decisively- If your Lake Nacimiento home is on the market and is not getting the activity you want, don’t hesitate to adjust your price. Your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent will be able to tell quickly if your home is not receiving the attention it needs in order to sell and will help guide you in setting a new price.
Selling your Lake Nacimiento home can bring about a range of emotions, but keeping a clear mind and working closely with your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent will help the process run smoothly.
If you have any questions about selling your home in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch; please let me know! I’d be happy to talk with you about how I can effectively price and market your home to get your home sold quickly!
Feel free to contact me today to get started!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Real Estate
View Oak Shores Listings
Visit My Website
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!