Those that find Lake Nacimiento to be the ideal vacation destination will oftentimes decide to make their second home purchase. They understand the value in the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market and don’t want to miss out on beautiful homes in such a relaxing setting.
While there are endless things to do on Lake Nacimiento throughout the spring and summer months; our lake hosts vacationers all year long who are seeing a great community and well deserved retreat. If you’ve visited friends or family on Lake Nacimiento in the past, or you’ve vacationed here for years and are finally deciding to own a property in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch; you came to the right place!
As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent for over twenty years, I understand that deciding to buy a second home is a large financial and personal decision. Yet, there are a number of perks to owning a home on Lake Nacimiento! You may even be considering renting out your home when you’re not using it to create additional income.
Whatever your reason for your interest in purchasing a vacation home on Lake Nacimiento, I thought I would take the time to give you five great tips as you move forward in the process.
1. Be Patient– When searching for an Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home on Lake Nacimiento, take your time. Be patient and take time to discover the pros and cons of each lakefront or off lake home you visit.
2. Weigh the Pros and Cons– If you like something, don’t make any rash decisions. While it can be tempting to make a quick decision if you’re only visiting for a weekend, taking a few days to really consider the purchase will help ensure you’ve made the best decision.
3. Ask Yourself the Right Questions:
– How often will you visit and how much time will you spend there?
– Is it worth the money?
– What will the price appreciation be, realistically?
– How much will you have to pay every year for landscaping, association fees and taxes?
4. Don’t Try to Play the Market– Home prices across the nation are some of the lowest that we’ve seen in a long time, so you’re bound to find a great deal. As the market continues to improve, home prices will only increase as we’ve already seen this year. Don’t wait!
5. Compare Mortgage Products– While the loan standards and rates are nearly the same for first and second homes, there can be unexpected changes if the lender considers your purchase an investment property. Your interest rate could be pushed up 1.5 to 2 percentage points, so be aware and plan accordingly. Oftentimes buyers will use the equity on their first home to make a down payment for their second home. You’ll want to think through the best option for you, or talk with your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent about any other options.
I hope these tips will give you greater insight into the second home buying process and determining if buying a Lake Nacimiento vacation home is right for you!
I’m always available to answer any questions you may have, and look forward to hearing from you!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!