If you’ve been considering selling your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home on Lake Nacimiento, you may be leery of putting it on the market during the holiday season. However, there are a number of Lake Nacimiento buyers who find that the holidays are the ideal time to buy due to less competition.
In fact, showing your home this time of year gives you the opportunity to highlight the warmth and special features of your Lake Nacimiento home. It also allows potential buyers to envision themselves enjoying the seasons festivities in your home at this time next year.
In my years of experience as a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, I’ve conducted many open houses during the holidays and have found seven great ways to enhance your home this festive season.
1. Highlight the Highlights- Draw attention to a beautiful fireplace mantle with a few tasteful ornaments or enhance an arched doorway with hanging mistletoe.
2. Add Holiday Adornments- Again, you don’t want to go overboard, but a simple evergreen wreath, a poinsettia center piece or light holiday decorations can create a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. Of course it’s best to avoid overly religious flourishes as this can be off-putting to some.
3. Complement Your Décor- You’ll want to make sure that your Christmas decoration palette matches or complements your current décor. If the colors clash or seem to be fighting for attention, this can be very distracting to buyers and can take away from the great features of your home you’re trying to highlight.
4. Give Warmth- Just before a showing, be sure to turn up your thermostat a few degrees to make it extra toasty inside. Put a fire in the fireplace to add an extra sense of warmth and highlight the cozy atmosphere that this feature of your home can bring.
5. Go Light on the Lights- An abundance of outdoor lights can leave Lake Nacimiento buyers wondering what the front of your home looks like. And, while you may love your giant inflatable lawn ornaments; it may be best to leave those in storage this year. Everyone has different tastes and you don’t want buyers to be met at your home with a sense of “tacky.”
6. Mind the Tree- While a tall Christmas tree can showcase a two story living room, be sure to be careful of the tree’s width. The last thing you want is to have your Lake Nacimiento home appear smaller than it really is. Also, you’ll want to stick with a cohesive theme for your ornaments. The family homemade ornaments can be meaningful to you, but can quickly make your tree look gaudy to outsiders. Keep it simple this year and remember, there’s always next year when you can display those keepsakes in your new home!
7. Offer Tasty Treats- While you don’t want to come across as trying to bribe buyers, everyone loves holiday treats and having a plate full of cookies and candy can make the home showing a little sweeter. Hot chocolate and apple cider are always welcome and buyers will feel that you have their best interest in mind.
Keeping your home tastefully decorated and adding warmth to your home on Lake Nacimiento can be just the thing to entice buyers and allow your home to stand out on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market!
If you have questions about selling your Lake Nacimiento home, are looking for a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, or are ready to begin the home selling process; please let me know! I’d be happy to meet with you and help you get your Lake Nacimiento home sold this holiday season.
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!