As the winter season grows nearer, you might find yourself spending more time inside your Lake Nacimiento home, preparing for the holiday season and cozying up in front of a fireplace or the TV. Because the winters are darker, homeowners do tend to spend more time at home. When you walk into your home, do you feel a sense a peace and serenity? Like ‘ah, I’m finally home.’
If not, there are steps you can take to make your Lake Nacimiento home feel more like a retreat. After a hard day’s work, you deserve that! As your Lake Nacimiento real estate agent, I’ve put together some ideas:
1. Decide what gives you a sense of peace. Everyone is different, so naturally everyone’s retreat will look and feel different. For you, maybe clutter gives you anxiety, so the most important first step is to declutter and organize in a way that will keep your home as clean as possible. Maybe you love to read, so having a bookshelf is important to you. Maybe you love your relaxing bubble baths, so having a spa-like master bathroom is key. Narrow down what feels most like a retreat space to you.
2. Keep in mind that a super clean house isn’t necessarily what will bring you the most joy. Perhaps at the end of a work day, you’re so happy to come home to your kids or pets, that seeing their toys scattered around the house actually brings you more joy than stress. It’s important to remember that everybody is different when it comes to their living spaces!
3. Spend some time on the foyer or mudroom, or wherever you most often enter your home. This space should be organized so that your first moments in your house feel relaxing. Have a place to sit when taking off or putting on your shoes, and have a closet or cubby holes for your family’s belongings. Have a basket or filing system for mail, before it has a chance to land on your table or counter.
4. Create defined spaces for relaxation. That way, even if your house isn’t always the cleanest place, you’ll have those defined spaces you know you can go to. This could be a reading nook, a media room, a she shed, a man cave, a meditation space, a cozy patio overlooking the lake, a coffee station, a spa bathroom, etc.
5. Decorate with soothing colors. Again, this depends on which colors you enjoy! Typically, blues and greens are relaxing because they remind us of nature. Some people will find a white room relaxing while it may stress out others. Another great idea is to accessorize with color in an otherwise neutral room, so you can easily change it up with the seasons or per your mood.
6. Make sure your home feels cozy to you, especially in the winter. This could mean laying down rugs inside or outside for warmer feet, adding throw blankets or pillows to your indoor or outdoor furniture, or setting up a fireplace or outdoor fire pit so a cozy fire and roasted marshmallows are only a step away.
As your Lake Nacimiento real estate agent, I hope you feel cozy and relaxed in your lake home this late fall and winter! When ready to achieve your Lake Nacimiento real estate goals, as a buyer, seller or both, give me a call. I am here all year long, ready to help you achieve your goals!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.