If you were hoping to sell your Lake Nacimiento home this summer, our Oak Shores Realty team is here to help you out! This summer has been anything but ordinary, but conditions are actually excellent for home sellers. Don’t let the pandemic stop you from achieving your real estate goals! Let’s talk about what makes this summer such a good time to sell.
1. Buyer demand is strong. Buyers are out and eager to buy! Anyone who planned on moving in the spring is now moving this summer, along with buyers who planned on moving this summer. Plus, renters or homeowners who hadn’t planned on moving are now moving to be closer to family or friends, or to find a house that better suits there needs. A study found that 1 in 5 Americans have moved during the pandemic. The real estate market is hot!
2. Mortgage rates are historically low. With rates hovering around 3 percent, this just adds one more reason why buyers are out in droves. Everyone wants to score a historically low mortgage rate! If you want to sell and buy another house that better fits your needs, now is an excellent time to do so. You can also score a low mortgage rate as a buyer.
3. Home prices are up. Because buyer demand is so strong, inventory of homes for sale can’t keep up. Homes go on the market and they sell quickly and for a great price. This is what happens with supply and demand. This is great news for any home seller who wants to sell fast and for a great price!
4. Summer is the time to sell. Who knows what the coming school year will look like, but if you have kids, summer is the ideal time to sell and move. If you’re still working from home, that makes it easier, too. Spend time decluttering, cleaning and staging your home to sell, and move into your new space during the summer while kids aren’t in school and while you still have some time to enjoy summer in the new house and neighborhood!
5. Your needs have changed. If you’re like many of the buyers out there, you have realized during the pandemic that your current house just isn’t fitting your needs. Maybe you realized your family needs more space, or you want a bigger backyard, or you want to live on Lake Nacimiento so you can enjoy the lake whenever you want! Maybe you’ve lost your income and need to downsize. Our needs are always changing. Take advantage of this market!
Whether wanting to sell, buy or both this summer in the Lake Nacimiento real estate market, as your Lake Nacimiento real estate agent, I am here to help. I can answer any questions you may have about current market conditions or the home-selling process during the pandemic, and I am here to guide you every step of the way! Let’s get your real estate goals accomplished this summer!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.