Where will you be celebrating New Year’s Eve on the Central Coast? You’ve got plenty of options! As your Central Coast real estate agent, allow me to fill you in on NYE happenings in Monterey County and SLO County, to help you plan accordingly!
1. First Night Monterey is a great family-friendly, alcohol-free option. More than 15 venues hold performances and activities for kids and adults. This runs from 3 p.m. to midnight. A Twilight Procession will take place at 5:30 p.m. for kids. Then head to Custom House Plaza at midnight to ring in 2019!
2. If your kids are too young to stay awake until midnight, head to MY Museum for their Noon Year’s Eve Party. This begins at 10 a.m., with a Noon Year’s Eve Celebration at 12 p.m. The party includes noisemakers, face painting, party hats, a countdown and a Noon Year’s Ball that lights up.
3. Finish 2018 with the music you love! PacRep Theatre will perform their Legends of Rock n Roll Tribute Concert on NYE, beginning at 8:30 p.m. Sit and enjoy your favorite tunes by Elvis, Little Richard, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin and more. Or, get up and dance in the aisles, it’s encouraged!
4. The Portola Hotel & Spa will host a New Year’s Eve Bash that kicks off at 7:30 p.m. on Monday. Enjoy a delicious buffet dinner, then enjoy live music afterward by The Money Band, an open bar, champagne toast and balloon drop at midnight.
5. Enjoy a special dinner out on NYE. Options in Monterey County include Aubergine, Bernardus Lodge, Carmel Valley Ranch, TusCA Ristorante, The Sardine Factory, Fandango and more. Make reservations!
6. Head to Marisol at the Cliffs Restaurant & Lounge in Pismo Beach for their Under the Sea New Year’s Eve! First, enjoy a three-course surf and turf menu, then enjoy a party with oceanfront fire pits, lounge areas, appetizers, champagne toast, dessert and coffee bar, live music, DJ and more.
7. Enjoy a Champagne & Cabaret Soiree at Rava Wines in Paso Robles! This will feature the Sunset Winos all-star band, full cabaret show, multi-course gourmet dinner, open bar and more.
8. 2019 NYE Bash at Pavilion on the Lake in Atascadero will include live music by SoundCake, full taco bar by La Parrilla, Tent City Brewing, Bristol’s Hard Cider, various local wines, champagne toast and more.
9. Start off 2019 on the right foot, or the left, at Rio Grill’s Resolution Run on Jan. 1! This is a 6.5 mile run or a 3-mile family fun run. Proceeds will benefit Coastal Kids Home Care. After the race, enjoy a brunch, awards ceremony and random prize drawing.
10. Participate in a chilly swim on New Year’s Day! You’ve got lots of options. Oak Shores is hosting a Polar Plunge at the clubhouse pool at 12 p.m. Cayucos Pier has festivities starting at 9:30 a.m., dip at noon. Head to Avila Beach Pier at 11:30 a.m. for pictures and plunging. In Pismo Beach, start off with a Tot Trot or the main 5k beach run, then finish by plunging into the water at the finish line!
Gather your friends and family and start 2019 off right! Happy New Year from Oak Shores Realty!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.