Buying a vacation home on Lake Nacimiento may be at the top of your list for the new year as you’ve come to discover this area is a fantastic getaway destination. Whether you’ve visited Lake Nacimiento in the past or have only heard about the wide variety of perks of vacationing here; thinking through buying a second home can be an exciting time!
As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, I can attest that there are many beautiful homes on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market that will serve as ideal vacation homes. From lakefront homes to those tucked away on private lots, you’re sure to find one that fits your style, budget and needs.
Since buying a vacation home is a large financial decision, I wanted to provide you with five tips to consider as you enter the Lake Nacimiento home buying process.
1. Don’t Rush– When shopping for a Lake Nacimiento home, take your time. Rushing through the vacation home buying process could have you doubting your decision down the road. It can be easy to make a quick decision, especially if you’re just visiting for the weekend. Take the time to discover the pros and cons of each Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home you visit. The great thing about a vacation home is that you can have the luxury to really think through your purchase.
2. Keep the Market in Mind– Home prices across the nation are some of the lowest that we’ve seen in a long time, so you’re bound to find a great deal. Consequently, we are dealing in a buyer’s market so competition can be more fierce. While you don’t want to rush your decision; it’s important to understand that a great Lake Nacimiento home can be a favorite for many potential buyers, so you don’t want to wait too long before deciding on a home.
3. Think Through Pertinent Questions: It’s important to ask yourself the important questions when buying a vacation home. Ask yourself:
. How often will you visit and how much time will you spend there?
. Is it worth the money?
. What will the price appreciation be, realistically?
. How much will you have to pay every year for landscaping, association dues, garbage collection and taxes?
4. Know Your Mortgage Options– While the loan standards and rates are nearly the same for first and second homes, there can be unexpected changes if the lender considers your purchase an investment property. Your interest rate could be pushed up 1.5 to 2 percentage points, so be aware and plan accordingly. Oftentimes buyers will use the equity on their first home to make a down payment for their second home. You’ll want to think through the best option for you, or talk with your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent about any other options.
5. Know the Difference of Lake Living– Make sure you can get the insurance you need, particularly if you want to buy a lake front home on Lake Nacimiento. Lake living is great, but there are a few additional things to consider that you wouldn’t need to think about when living inland.
I hope that reviewing these tips will help you as you begin the process of searching for your ideal Lake Nacimeinto vacation home. If you haven’t started the process yet and are looking for a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent to walk with you through the home buying experience; please let me know!
My years of experience with the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market will ensure that you find what you’re looking for in an efficient and stress free manner. Feel free to contact me today to get started!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!