As many of you who’ve vacationed or currently live on Lake Nacimiento know, the stunning beauty of the natural surroundings are worth preserving! Whether you come to Lake Nacimiento a few times each year or have a permanent residence in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch you’ve probably come to learn that people who enjoy Lake Nacimiento are people who truly care about maintaining this earth friendly environment.
While there are many modern conveniences to enjoy around Lake Nacimiento, you’ll instantly feel that you’re worlds away from the hustle and bustle of every day life, and that the blend of modern comforts and rustic charm is ideal.
• Install a programmable thermostat. That way, if you leave your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home during the day for an afternoon of hiking or boating on the lake, you can program the thermostat to adjust while the house is empty. This allows you to save ample energy and money on your air-conditioning bill. You can set the thermostat to return to its regular setting about an hour before you return home, so you’ll never know the difference!
• Replace your light bulbs with fluorescent bulbs. They provide just as much lighting while using less energy and lasting far longer.
• Switch to energy efficient appliances. When it’s time to replace a kitchen appliance, choose one with an Energy Star label on it. These appliances meet efficiency guidelines created by the U.S. Department of Energy and the Environment Protection Agency. While they are more expensive initially, the amount of energy you will save makes up for it in the long run.
• Only run your dishwasher when it’s full. This will ensure you’re only using the dishwasher when you absolutely have to. Also, after the dishes are clean, open the dishwasher door and allow the dishes to air dry rather than using the washer’s drying cycle.
• Switch off your electronics. Though many people have gotten use to the idea of having electronics available 24/7, you should turn off your computer and monitor when not in use. You could turn off your cell phone at night too, if not using it as an alarm clock.
• Plug as many electronics as you safely can into a power strip, which allows you to easily turn the strip off when the items are not in use. This could include TVs, DVD players, computers, toasters and more, which all use several watts of power even when not in use.
• Reduce water usage. Take shorter showers and turn the water off while you wash your hands, brush your teeth, apply face wash and any other time the water is not in use.
• Recycle! You’ll find various recycling bins around Lake Nacimiento that will allow you to recycle plastics, aluminum, paper and other materials.
In working for a number of years as a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, my goal is to not only help people find their dream home in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch, but to find a respite they can enjoy for years to come! If everyone does there part in going green, we can be sure to maintain the beauty of Lake Nacimiento long term. I hope these ideas provide you with practical ways to live an eco-friendly lifestyle on Lake Nacimiento!
If you have any further questions about life on Lake Nacimiento, about the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market or are ready to begin your Lake Nacimiento home search; please let me know! I’d be happy to meet with you and help achieve your real estate goals!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!