Fall has arrived here are Lake Nacimiento! If you’re sticking around for the fall and winter seasons here at the lake, take some time to decorate your Lake Naci home, so it feels nice and cozy in the coming months. Complete some important home maintenance tasks to keep it safe this winter. If you’re closing your home up for the winter, properly prepare it for while you’re away.
As your Lake Nacimiento real estate agent, here are some smart ways to prepare your home for fall.
Fall Home Décor for Your Lake Nacimiento Home
Even if the temperatures are warm and sunny here on California’s Central Coast, you can make your home feel warm and cozy with fall themed décor. Some great options include:
1. Hang a fall wreath on your front door, replace your welcome mat, and flank your front entryway with pumpkins, mums or other fall flowers and accessories. These are all great ways to add fall curb appeal to the front of your home!
2. Add rugs to your front porch or deck outside, and your hardwood floors inside, so your feet always feel warm and comfortable. Add more pillows and throw blankets to your furnishings as well.
3. Create a table centerpiece of fall flowers, pumpkins, gourds, apples, pine cones, or anything that feels like fall to you. Accenting with fall colors, such as orange, yellow and red, makes anything feel fall-like.
4. Switch up your window treatments. You can opt to replace your lightweight curtains with thicker ones for the colder months of winter, or you can opt to open your blinds more, to let the lake views and sunshine in as the days get shorter.
Fall Maintenance for Your Lake Nacimiento Home
1. Replace lightbulbs. Now is the time to test all of your lights and replace burnt bulbs before the dark winter nights are upon us.
2. Clean gutters. Leaves will fall and block your gutters. Be sure to clean them out sometime this fall, and keep up with raking the leaves around the yard.
3. Have your heating inspected. Now is the time to have inspectors out to check your furnace, fireplace, etc. to see if anything needs replaced or repaired.
4. Check for air leaks. Check your windows and doors for air leaks and consider fixing them up, either with affordable DIY options from the store, or with new windows/doors/insulation.
5. Lock up for winter. If leaving your Lake Nacimiento home during the winter months, hire companies or friends to keep up with yard work and maintenance/repairs if needed. Turn your heat on a low temperature to prevent freezing pipes.
This list is a great starting point for home maintenance and decorating this fall! Soon enough, you’ll be handing out candy to trick-or-treaters and starting your holiday shopping. Time flies, so if you have Lake Nacimiento real estate goals you’d like to accomplish this fall, don’t hesitate to contact me, your Lake Nacimiento real estate agent! I am here to answer any questions you may have and to help guide you through the home-buying and/or home-selling process. I look forward to hearing from you!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.