Spring is just around the corner and, as a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, I’m looking forward to the busier spring market! It’s always exciting to see new homes coming on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market and meet with buyers who are searching for their ideal vacation home or permanent residence on our beautiful shores.
If you’re one who’s considering putting your home on the market this spring due to extenuating circumstances or wanting to finally buy the Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home you’d had your eye on for some time now; you’ll want to start now with preparing your home to sell.
While there are many outdoors activities to do around Lake Nacimiento during the winter months, chances are you’ve spent more time indoors. Now is a great time to get things spruced up and give your home that fresh feeling that inspire potential buyers. Below are ten easy ways to get your home ready to sell this spring!
1. Clean the outside– A disheveled exterior will make buyers think you’ve slacked off on interior maintenance as well. Be sure to clean the gutters and pressure wash your home’s siding. If you have a porch, make it as welcoming as possible!
2. Make the front door inviting– A fresh coat of paint, especially in a color that contrasts with the home, will make the front door stand out. Replace faded house numbers so Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch buyers can see them from the curb.
3. Buy a new welcome mat– Let buyers know they’re invited into your home. This is a seemingly small thing to do, but an old, dirty welcome mat that has been weathered will make buyers wonder what else you’ve overlooked in your home. A fresh mat will show buyers that you pay attention to the smallest details in every aspect of your Lake Nacimiento home.
4. Improve your landscaping– Curb appeal is crucial to a good first impression, so make sure your Lake Nacimiento homes’ lawn is immaculate. Selling your home in the spring means making sure you’ve cleared away any debris that may have collected during the winter months. Add a few potted plants outside when you know your home is going to be shown to potential buyers for a welcoming touch. In the warmer months, mow the lawn, prune the bushes, weed the garden and plant flowers.
5. Make repairs– Buyers want homes that are move in ready, so you want your home to be in the best condition possible. Take care of major defects like broken windows or a leaky roof as well as smaller repairs such as a loose hinges on a cabinet or a missing brick from your walkway. Knowing there are things that will need to be fixed when they move in can greatly discourage buyers.
6. Get organized– Messy closets give the appearance that your home doesn’t have enough storage space. Having built-in organizers in closets, and even the kitchen pantry, will give the impression that keeping things organized will be a breeze.
7. Remove clutter and depersonalize– Buyers want to envision their belongings in your home. By removing personal photos and items; buyers will be less distracted. If your storage space is limited, perhaps renting a storage unit while your home is on the market is a smart choice. Extra furniture will only make your home appear smaller and more cluttered.
8. Make every surface shine– From ceiling fans to floors and everything in between; clean your home until it shines.
9. Take color down a notch– You might like your bright yellow bedroom, but it may turn buyers away. Paint your walls a neutral color that will appeal to a wide range of buyers.
10. Take a second look– Look at your home objectively as from a buyers’ perspective. Examine carefully how furniture is arranged and move pieces if needed, so that the furniture arrangement makes sense. Make sure window coverings hang level. Tune in to the room’s statement and its emotional pull. Does it have impact and is it aesthetically pleasing? Be the “buyer” of your own home.
These tips should inspire you with a few projects to check off your list before putting your home on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market. While some may seem like small details that no one will notice, it’s exactly those small things that make your home stand out to buyers!
If you have questions about selling your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home; I would be happy to answer them! Selling your home may seem overwhelming at first, but my goal is to walk with you through the entire process!
Contact me today to get started!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!