As many of you know, the national housing market has seen tremendous improvement already this year and is expected to continue on its’ upward climb throughout 2013. Those who have been considering buying a home in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch on Lake Nacimiento are finding that now is the best time to do so before home prices continue to rise!
Buying a home is a large financial decision, and one that should be weighed carefully, but there’s also a sense of not being afraid to take the next step! I’ve worked with a number of buyers throughout my years as a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent and have guided them through the process whether they were buying a permanent home or a vacation getaway.
Here are three simple tips I’ll always give to Lake Nacimiento buyers.
1. Decide if it’s the right time to buy– We know home prices are still low, but you’ll want to look carefully at your purpose for buying and also determine your finances. Is this home a long term property you’ll want to keep for years to come? Is this solely going to be used as a rental property? Is this something you can afford right now?
2. Know what to look for in a home– Before buying, make sure you get a good feel for the area and even the talk with the locals. Find out if Lake Nacimiento is a good fit for you! (I’m pretty sure you’ll love it, but it’s always good to double check!) It’s also good to look at the comparable homes on Lake Nacimiento. We can tell you if the Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home you have your eye on is comparable to other homes around the area.
3. Explore financing options– Buying a home requires 20% to 25% down or more, so you’ll want to research your options.
As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, I understand that coming up with a down payment can be one of the hardest parts of buying a home. Here are a few tips for getting help with your down payment as pointed out by the California Association of Realtors.
• The California Association of Realtors has launched the California Mortgage Resource Directory, a down-payment tool available at https://mortgage.car.org, that aims to make the process of finding and navigating down payment programs a cinch.
• Buyers can search for assistance programs by city or property address for public- and private-funded assistance programs including FHA/VA, HUD, affordable fixed-rate mortgages, rehab loans, and more.
• Home buyers enter basic information in the Resource Directory, such as where the house is located and the estimated sale price, and the Directory will provide a list of programs that the buyer may be eligible for.
I hope these tips for buying a home and financing options encourage you that buying your dream home on Lake Nacimiento can be a reality!
I would love the opportunity to talk with you more, so please feel free to contact me anytime!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!