Happy New Year! What are your goals for 2020? If you’ve got Lake Nacimiento real estate goals you’d like to achieve this year, as a buyer, seller, investor, etc., give our Oak Shores Realty team a call! We are here to answer any questions you may have, and to guide you through the process. The sooner you contact us, the sooner you’ll achieve your goals, while you’re still motivated!
If selling your home is on your 2020 agenda, one important step in the home-selling process is to make your home look more photogenic. Most buyers today begin their home search online. Therefore, listing photos are the first impression they will get of your home. You want your home to look as picture-perfect as possible!
Here are some tips for making your home more photogenic:
1. Declutter and clean. These two steps are important for every home seller, as not doing them could turn off buyers in photos and in person. Declutter each room, cabinet, closet, etc., and remove any items you no longer use or need. Store away anything you won’t need until after the move. The less clutter, the better! Then deep clean each room until it’s spotless.
2. Allow natural light in. Natural lighting can show off your home in its best light, especially in the winter, when it’s darker than usual. Catching your home when the sun shines in will give your rooms more depth, and make your home look more relatable and realistic. It’s also great for high-end photos. To do this, wash your windows and open all your curtains and blinds before photos are taken.
3. Add colorful accents. It’s best to decorate your home with neutral décor that is not personalized and will appeal to the most number of buyers. However, pops of colors through accessories is a great way to add a level of visual appeal. This can be done by adding a vase of colorful flowers to the table, a bowl of fruit to the counter, or a couple of colorful pillows to your couch or bed.
4. Lower your artwork. Did you know that most people hang their artwork too high? In photos, this causes the ceilings to look lower. Art should hang no higher than eye level for an average height person. If you have low walls to begin with, consider artwork that is horizontal rather than vertical. If you’ve got high ceilings, show them off with tall vertical pieces. Remove any personal photographs and only display neutral artwork.
5. Boost curb appeal. The exterior of your home is most likely the first impression a buyer will get of your home, either in a listing photo, or when driving by or attending a showing. Make it count! Trim trees and bushes so they don’t obscure the view of your house. Repaint your siding, mailbox or door if necessary, or just give them a power wash. Add a colorful pot of flowers or a welcoming door hanging.
When ready to sell, buy or both in the Lake Nacimiento real estate market this year, give me a call, your Lake Nacimiento real estate agent! I am here and ready to assist you with all of your real estate-related New Year’s resolutions!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.