One of the perks of living on California’s Central Coast is the plethora of local wineries and vineyards, and the many wine festivals and events that take place throughout the year. One of the area’s main wine events is coming up Oct. 18-20 in Paso Robles. Harvest Wine Weekend celebrates the harvest with events happening at wineries all over the region! As your Central Coast real estate agent, allow me to fill you in on the details.
There are no ‘main events’ at Harvest Wine Weekend, all of the events take place at local wineries, and there are more than 140 weekend activities! From winemaker dinners and barrel tastings, to ceremonial grape stomps and live music, there is something for everyone.
Look up your favorite wineries to see what they’ve got planned, and if tickets are required! Here’s a look at some of your options:
1. Opolo Vineyards will host their Harvest Festival Dinner & Grape Stomp! Roll up your pant legs and get ready to stomp grapes like they did back in the day. You can also enjoy folk dancing and an ethnic food dinner. Cost is $100 for members, $120 for nonmembers.
2. Broken Earth Winery hosts Friday Varietal Nights every Friday from 6 to 8 p.m. until Thanksgiving, with different activities each week. Oct. 18 will be Wine Bingo! It’s free to play with one card per person, or for $3 you can purchase extra cards and increase your chances of winning.
3. Grey Wolf Cellars and Barton Family Wines have all sorts of activities planned for Harvest Wine Weekend. They’ll have newly released fall wines, a whole weekend of live music, special cupcake wine pairings, exclusive wine specials, food from Barton’s Kitchen Window, and spirit tastings from Krobar Craft Distillery. Saturday night is a Harvest 80’s party, tickets required!
4. Dark Star is celebrating their 25th Anniversary on Oct. 18 from 5 to 9 p.m. The Sound Effect Band will perform and Mexican cuisine will be available. Tickets cost only $20 in advance. Dark Star Club Members get four tickets free.
5. Vino Vargas is for people who are not plan-ahead kind of people, as no appointment or ticket is required. Enjoy special complimentary tastings and 10 percent off four bottles or more. You can taste current release wines, barrel samples and even fermenting juice. Nibble on meats and cheeses and take a winery tour.
6. Hunt Cellars will have their Hunt & Harvest Celebration all weekend. Enjoy pourings of new and library releases of limited production wines. Wine tasting will be paired with food, and flights of wine will include reds, whites, ports and barrel samplings. Enjoy live music by a famed piano player!
7. Sarzotti Vineyard & Winery will celebrate with wine and cheese pairings on Friday, featuring their Newly Released Vintages, and then with BBQ Tri-Tip sandwiches and chili on Saturday and Sunday, along with live music.
For more Harvest Wine Weekend events and activities, browse all of your options on the Paso Wine website. This is just a small sampling!
When ready to achieve your Central Coast real estate market goals this fall, contact our Oak Shores Realty team. We are always here and ready to help you out!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Real Estate
View Oak Shores Listings
Visit My Website
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.