If you are looking to increase your activity level on the Central Coast, good news. That’s incredibly easy to do! Once we are cleared of the remaining damage from our recent storms, get out and enjoy Mother Nature.There are tons of fantastic activities to choose from in the area, from water sports to hiking and everything in between. To help you choose your healthy activity for 2017, as your SLO County real estate agent, allow me to share some ideas with you.
Visit San Luis Obispo County came up with a great list of 10 activities to try this year:
- Kayak to Point San Luis Lighthouse in Avila Beach, where you can rent kayaks and traverse over to the lighthouse. It is still in operation, is rich with history and supplies fantastic views from the Coast!
- Do yoga on a paddleboard in Morro Bay. If you’ve surpassed your yoga goals on a mat, move onto a paddleboard in the water! This gives you extra work on balance and strength.
- Achieve the tri-tip challenge! This is a great hiking challenge that will officially make you a local. Hike to The Cal Poly P, Cerro San Luis and Bishop Peak, all in one day.
- Take advantage of the local bike paths. One great option is to bike from Paso Robles to Cambria, or vice versa. This will traverse you through Adelaida wine country, which is beautiful and full of wine options!
- Bike, jog or walk the Bob Jones Trail. This is also a great SLO County biking or running option. It is roughly two miles in length and leads you from San Luis Obispo right to Avila Beach!
- Take your dog out with you. Dogs have a wonderful way of motivating their owners to be more active! One option is to take a walk along Cayucos State Beach with your pup, as it is dog-friendly and beautiful.
- Take your mountain bike up the Hazard Peak Trail in Montana de Oro near Los Osos! It’s a 4.1-mile ride. From a Eucalyptus Grove, to tons of wildflowers, you’ll appreciate every inch of the trail.
- Tee up at a local golf course. Test your coordination and activate your mind and body with a game of golf. Try out Hunter Ranch, Chalk Mountain, Avila Beach Golf Resort, Morro Bay Golf Course and Dairy Creek. You’ve got lots of options!
- Surf at Pismo Beach. You can rent all the equipment there, including the surfboard, wetsuit, paddle, etc. If you’ve never done it before, book a lesson!
- Stroll along the Moonstone Beach Boardwalk. This is an easy, relaxing way to add activity to your SLO County life. Enjoy 1.4 miles of coastline views, Monterey pines and moonstone.
What activities would you add to this list for newcomers to the Central Coast region? Share by leaving a comment! I would suggest Lake Nacimiento and all of the activities that await you there, once all the damage from recent storms is cleared up.
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.