October is prime time for fall fun on the Central Coast! To help you plan, as your Central Coast real estate agent, I’ve put together a list of family-friendly fall festivals and activities coming up in Monterey County and SLO County. Head out and enjoy all that this gorgeous season has to offer!
1. Colony Days in Atascadero take place this week and continue through Saturday with the main event! Head to Sunken Gardens to enjoy a pancake breakfast, a parade at 10 a.m., a 1916 reenactment, Dogtoberfest pet races, pet costume contest, vendors, a pie eating contest and more!
2. A Fall Festival is taking place at The Farm in Salinas Valley this Saturday, Oct. 6. Bring the whole family and enjoy live puppet shows at 10:30 and 11:30 a.m., pumpkin races at noon, free hayrides and cow-train rides.
3. This Saturday, celebrate the return of the butterflies to the Central Coast at the Butterfly Parade and Bazaar in Pacific Grove! Head to the parade and cheer on the local kids dressed as butterflies and an assortment of other animals, farmers, pioneers, etc. The parade begins at 10:30 a.m., followed by the Bazaar.
4. Harvest season is here! Celebrate with a Harvest Feast this Saturday at Joullian Vineyards. Aside from an amazing lunch, you can enjoy tractor tours, barrel tastings, games, prizes and more. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and tickets cost $55 in advance.
5. Continue the Harvest Celebration at Hahn Family Wines on Oct. 13! Sip delicious wines, indulge in a pig roast and buffet, enjoy live music, watch cooking demos, enjoy wine tasting and barrel tasting, and take walking tours of the winery. This take places from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
6. Oct. 13 is also Carmel’s Annual Pumpkin-Roll Contest! From 1 to 3 p.m., head to Ocean Avenue between Santa Rita and Junipero Streets. Then let your pumpkin roll and see which pumpkin wins! Hay bales and fencing allow pumpkins to stay on track. This is part of Carmel-by-the-Sea’s month-long birthday celebration.
7. If you love keeping up with wildlife, geology and nature on the Central Coast, you’ll love the Butterfly Ball taking place at the Pacific Grove Museum of Natural History on Oct. 20! Enjoy a buffet dinner, wine, cocktails, auctions, music and dancing. The event will feature different aspects of local history.
What is your favorite local fall activity? Leave a comment and share! It’s a great season to live on the Central Coast,
Ready to buy or sell a home in the Central Coast real estate market? Fall is a great time for achieving your real estate goals as well, before the holiday season hits! Contact me, your Central Coast real estate agent. I am here and ready to help.
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.