The Oak Shores and Heritage Ranch communities on Lake Nacimiento are gearing up for the beginning of this years’ holiday season! With Thanksgiving this Thursday, there is a growing excitement of the upcoming festivities and a growing awareness of all that we have to be thankful for this year. Being able to work with buyers and sellers on Lake Nacimiento has given me great insight into the type of people that reside in Oak Shores and Heritage Ranch, and I have to say these communities are truly unique. It comes as no surprise then that, when a season of giving calls for gathering together and caring for each other, residents of Lake Nacimiento are more than willing to band together.
This Friday and Saturday, November 26th and 27th presents an opportunity to give back after being blessed through gathering together with loved ones. The Oak Shores Fire Department, Station 34, is hosting a Fill the Boot Fundraiser for one of its own, Josh Marmolego, who has recently been diagnosed with cancer. The fundraiser will take place on both days from 9am-5pm at the Front Gate & Miniature Golf Course of Oak Shores. As a member of Company 34 for the past four years, this husband, and father of two has worked hard to balance his day job and finish up night school at the Alan Hancock Fire Academy. His dedication to his family and the Oak Shores community is worth celebrating and giving back to, in order to help him and his family through this challenging time. For more information on the Fill the Boot Fundraiser, please visit the Oak Shores Community Association website.
While Thanksgiving presents a great opportunity to reflect on all that we have and give back to each other within the community; it can also be a hectic time. And even though you may be busy doing fun things to prepare for the holiday season, it can get a little stressful. Below are a few ways to ensure that your Thanksgiving celebration is focused on the meaning behind the day and not on all that has to get done. Your main priority should be to make the most of the time with family and friends on Lake Nacimiento!
1. Create a plan- Sit down and make a guest list. From the number of guests you invite you can plan a meal. The secret to a simple meal is planning ahead so everything doesn’t seem to demand your attention at once.
2. Plan a potluck- A potluck can be a great way to share the load, and with just a little planning you can avoid 15 green bean casseroles at your dinner table. Ensure menu variety and head off an all-deviled-egg buffet by assigning food categories to your guests. Don’t be shy — this eliminates the guesswork for them, too. Give non-cooks a chance to participate by including categories such as beverages, paper products, or decorating.
3. Shop early- Grocery stores tend to get busier closer to Turkey Day. Plus by waiting you run the risk of something on your list being sold out.
4. Prepare as much as possible in advance- There are plenty of side dishes, desserts, and breads that can be made ahead of time. For instance, measure seasonings and store them in labeled bags or containers, be sure to cut and store vegetables before the day of your big feast.
5. Serve buffet-style- Serving dinner buffet style saves on both space and cleanup time. Also with pretty serving bowls and silver utensils, guests can help themselves to seconds whenever they want.
6. Relax- Remember that Thanksgiving is supposed to be a day full of family, relaxation, and reflection, so don’t let one burnt pecan pie sour your family’s annual football game or movie marathon.
I hope this tips are helpful and you get ready for the festivities of Thanksgiving. Remember to take a moment to soak it in and truly enjoy time shared with loved ones. Be sure to take a few moments to stop by the Fill the Boot fundraiser to show your support to those who graciously serve our community! As always, if you have questions about living on Lake Nacimiento in the Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch communities, I would be happy to set up a time to meet with you!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Your Oak Shores Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!