If you’re considering buying an Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home on Lake Nacimiento in time to move into enjoy the lazy days of summer; now is a great time to do so! There are many reasons to buy a Lake Nacimiento home now such as low mortgage rates and reasonably priced homes. And, with the market currently favoring buyers, it seems that the odds are stacked in your favor!
However, once you find the home of your dreams on Lake Nacimiento; you still need to handle the offer portion of the home buying process with care. The seller is no doubt highly invested in their Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home and, while they may need to sell quickly, being respectful and patient will go a long way in getting your offer accepted.
As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, I know that coming up with an offer and going through negotiations can oftentimes be the most stressful part of buying a home. So, I wanted to point out a few ways that you can help ensure this experience is stress free and that your lowball offer has a better chance of being accepted by the seller. Take a look!
1. Find out the Seller’s Motivation- If your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent is able to get this information from the seller’s agent; it can be very helpful in how you approach your offer. Sometimes seller’s will try to keep this private so they don’t appear desperate to sell, but if their reason for selling is known, it can allow you to work with the seller to meet their needs. Even if it’s simply closing at a time that works for them; it will show you are willing to be flexible.
2. Write a Clean Offer- To help your offer along, keep it clean and simple. Make sure you have all of your necessary paperwork done up front such as your lender pre-approval letter, and try to keep a tight timeline for things like the inspection and closing date. You want to appear confident and fully prepared to move forward with closing on the home.
3. Always Counter the Counter Offer- You’ll never want to settle after the first counter offer since sellers will expect that you’ll counter again. While it can get discouraging at times, it’s all part of the offer part of buying a home. You don’t want to frustrate the seller, so you’re Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent will guide you on when to push back and when it’s a good time to accept.
4. Move Attention Away From Price- If the seller is unwilling to move on their price, there are other ways to still get a great deal. Ask for things such as closing costs, repair credits, furniture or appliances. There are a variety of things that can be up for negotiation.
5. Give a Logical Reason Why Your Lowball Offer is Fair- Your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent will guide you in what is fair market value on the home. It’s important that your lowball offer is backed by statistics and a good reason of why it’s a fair price. Whether the kitchen needs to be updated, there are additional repairs that need to be taken care of, or it doesn’t offer the view of Lake Nacimiento that another home on the market does; you’ll want to be ready with these reasons for why your offer is low.
Hopefully these tips will help you prepare to make an offer on one of the homes currently available on Lake Nacimiento! I’m always here to answer any questions you have or to walk with you through the home buying process.
There are many great homes on Lake Nacimiento to choose from, and I would love to help you find your dream home!
Feel free to contact me today to get started!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!