Buying a Lake Nacimiento home this spring in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch is an exciting time as you imagine enjoying long summer days in this scenic setting. Sellers find that the warmer weather is an ideal time to put their home on the market, so you’ll find there are a wide variety of beautiful homes currently on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market.
Yet, as many of you know, finding your dream home is only a part of making that dream a reality. Oftentimes buyers will hold their breath knowing that a home inspection could mean starting the Lake Nacimiento home search all over again.
As an experienced Lake Nacimeinto Real Estate agent, I thought I’d gather some helpful tips as you face the home inspection process. Being aware of what’s entailed, and the part you can play will allow you to feel more confident during the home inspection.
1. Attend The Home Inspection- Attending the home inspection will give you the opportunity to learn more about the home and where things are located. You can also be there if the inspector uncovers any issues.
2. Follow The Home Inspector And Ask Questions– Don’t be afraid to follow the home inspector closely and ask questions, especially if you’re a first time home buyer. You’ll want to know everything there is to know about your new home and if you’re unsure of anything, the inspection is the perfect time to ask.
3. Be Sure That All Of The Following Points Are Fully Covered– The structure of the home is key to going through with the purchase. Your licensed home inspector should address the following:
– Heating, plumbing, air-conditioning and all electrical systems: all wires, systems and pipes should be up to date for modern usage.
– All wood throughout the home: wood destroying insects such as termites can cause major damage but can be fixed if dealt with properly.
– Well and/or septic systems: each should be inspected carefully
– Harmful materials: materials should be checked for asbestos
4. Consider Optional Tests– It’s important to test things such as underground storage tanks, as well as testing for lead paint, lead in the drinking water, bacteria in well supplied drinking water, radon gas in the air and other concerns as needed.
5. Obtain A Full Verbal Report At The Time Of The Home Inspection– While the engineering report should be available the day following the inspection; you’ll still want to ask for a full verbal report at the end of the home inspection.
I hope that these tips are helpful as you take the next step in the home buying process! You should have a better understanding of what to expect and how you can be proactive in the inspection.
As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions about buying a Lake Nacimiento home or about the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market! I look forward to working with you and helping you find your dream home on Lake Nacimiento!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!