Whether you need a break from holiday shopping, wrapping or house cleaning, there are plenty of fun, festive holiday events to enjoy this weekend around the Central Coast, in both Monterey County and SLO County! As your Central Coast real estate agent, allow me to fill you in on where the fun is at, so you don’t miss a beat of it. December is already about half over, don’t wait too long to enjoy all that the holiday season has to offer!
1. This Thursday, Dec. 13, is Apple Farm’s final Supper with Santa! This begins at 5 p.m. Tickets include dinner, a non-alcoholic beverage, activities, a goodie bag per child, and photos with Santa Claus. Kids can enjoy making holiday crafts after dinner as well.
2. See a performance of ‘The Nutcracker’ this weekend, a holiday classic, performed by the Monterey Peninsula Ballet Theatre at the Sunset Center. This magical tradition includes more than 150 dancers! Performances take place Dec. 14, 15 and 16.
3. This Saturday is the Christmas Party Potluck with Santa at the Oak Shores Clubhouse! All guests with last names beginning with A-M are asked to bring a main dish to share, and guests with last names N-Z are asked to bring a dessert. Also, bring an unwrapped new toy for Toys for Tots! RSVP so that Santa knows how many gifts to bring for children attending.
3. Holiday Magic will take place at the Charles Paddock Zoo in Atascadero this Saturday, Dec. 15, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Enjoy a visit with Santa and watch as he and his elves deliver gifts to zoo animals! Check the schedule of events at the front entrance. The zoo will be open until 4 p.m. that day.
4. This Saturday, the Clark Center for the Performing Arts in Arroyo Grande will present An Irish Christmas from 2 to 4 p.m. Enjoy dancing, singing and traditional Irish music as you take a journey through Christmas in Ireland with international spirit.
5. SLO Master Chorale will perform their 4th Annual Handel’s Messiah & Holiday Music Sing-Along this Saturday at the Performing Arts Center in SLO. The performance takes place from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Sit back and enjoy, or plan to sing along!
6. Hearst Castle Twilight Tours take place daily from Friday, Dec. 14 through Dec. 23, then again from Dec. 26 through Dec. 30. Tours begin at 5 p.m. See how Mr. Hearst’s guests enjoyed Hearst Castle during the 1920s and 1930s during the Christmas season with wreaths, towering trees, a poinsettia tree and more.
7. ‘A Christmas Story’ is being performed at the San Luis Obispo Repertory Theatre again this year, back by popular demand. Catch a performance Wednesday through Sunday from now until Dec. 23. This is based on the popular 1983 motion picture about 9-year-old Ralphie and his quirky family.
What is your favorite holiday tradition? Share with a comment here or on our Facebook page! Enjoy the rest of your holiday season, and when ready to achieve your Central Coast real estate market goals, contact us, your Oak Shores Realty team! We’re here to help you make your real estate goals come true this holiday season. Don’t hesitate to call!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.