Hosting friends and family for the holidays on Lake Nacimiento is a much anticipated time for those who enjoy living on Lake Nacimiento year round. If you own a vacation home in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch and are planning on spending the winter here; you’re probably also getting your home ready for loved ones. Either way, it’s a festive time of year and a great time to enjoy the beautiful environment Lake Nacimiento has to offer.
Another environment is equally as important during the holiday season and that’s the one created in your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home. There’s something so special about making your home feel cozy and inviting during the holiday season that it’s one area you don’t want to overlook!
As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent and experienced hostess for many Christmas gatherings, I know that there are many last minute things to do to get your home ready. I thought it’d be helpful to point out some easy, last minute ways to create that warm and welcoming environment in your Lake Nacimiento home. Take a look!
1. Focus on First Impressions– Make sure the front of your home is just as inviting as the interior. Create a well defined walkway for guests. Make the entrance welcoming by sweeping off the front porch, adding a touch of holiday color with garland or potted plants, and making sure it’s well lit at night.
2. Create Guest Space– Before guests arrive, clear out space in your coat closet for guests coats and have a mat for shoes. If loved ones are staying with you in your home, prepare the bedrooms and guests bathrooms so that you can enjoy time with friends and family instead of rushing to get things ready.
3. Gather ‘Round– Since the holidays are a time to reconnect with loved ones, make sure your living or family room is conducive for conversations. Rearrange furniture or add in more chairs to provide natural conversation areas.
4. Be Superficial– If you’re hosting guests for an evening, don’t worry about cleaning every nook and cranny of your home. Quickly wipe down the guest bathroom, vacuum or sweep the main areas and don’t worry about the rest that guests won’t see!
5. Cool Off– An hour or so before guests arrive, be sure to turn down the thermostat. With more people in a room and the oven or stove on; things can quickly heat up and you don’t want anyone to overheat.
6. Safely Light Up– Candles are a great way to add a cozy appeal to your home through the sight of flickering flames and holiday scents. Be sure to keep an eye on the candles throughout the evening and put them in a place where children can’t reach them or they can’t be knocked over.
I hope these quick tips will help you get your home ready for guests and create the most welcoming environment possible!
As always, I’m here to answer any questions you have about living on Lake Nacimiento! Perhaps you’re looking to buy an Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home in the new year and I would be happy to help you each step of the way!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Real Estate
View Oak Shores Listings
Visit My Website
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!