As we enter November here on Lake Nacimiento, we’ll begin to notice the cooler evenings and begin anticipating the fun holiday season that’s just around the corner! For many who live year round on Lake Nacimiento, this is a favorite time of year as leaves begin changing colors and the opportunity to hiking around the lake and on nearby trails allow for a great way to enjoy the scenery.
One of the draws for those living or vacationing on Lake Nacimiento, is the natural setting and clean environment that Lake Nacimiento has to offer. As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, I like to highlight this eco conscious community to those looking to buy a home in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch. But, it’s not just the natural setting that lends to our sense of “green”; we can all play a part in making this an even better place to live!
Below are a few great ways you can maintain an eco-friendly environment in your own home on Lake Nacimiento this fall and winter season.
1. Set the Timer– Set your thermostat to lower temperatures while you’re away from your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home or while you’re sleeping. This will automatically help reduce energy used as well as costs just by programming your thermostat.
2. Let the Sunshine In– During the day, be sure to leave blinds and curtains open to let in the sunlight and natural heat. At night, shut them to help “trap” the warmth.
3. Light a Fire– It’s amazing how a fire in your fireplace can heat up a room instantly! Consider lowering your thermostat on cooler evenings and lighting a fire instead. You’ll instantly feel cozier in your Lake Nacimiento home.
4. Bundle Up– Feeling chilled? Instead of turning up the thermostat, throw on a pair of socks or an extra layer. These small choices to not turn up the heat can really add up in energy savings!
5. Switch our Your Lights– From lamps to the Christmas tree, all of your lights can be changed out for energy efficient LED lights! With the sun setting earlier, you’ll be using your indoor lights more often. Also, the festivity of the season’s decorations can spike energy bill. LED Christmas lights can cut back on costs and energy usage.
6. Stop Leaks– Check all doors and windows for drafts. You can easily seal windows and doors to prevent the warm air from your Lake Nacimiento home escaping while making sure the cool air doesn’t leak in!
7. Unplug– Not using an appliance? Unplug it! The Department of Energy notes that, even if appliances are not being used, they are still using energy. 40% of electricity used for your home electronics is used when they’re turned off, but still plugged in. Getting in the habit of unplugging will prove to be a smart habit in the long run!
I hope these tips inspire you to go green in your home! While these may seem like small changes, every bit helps to ensure our Lake Nacimiento community remains a beautiful, natural setting.
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!