Spring on Lake Nacimiento is just around the corner which means the busier Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market is quickly approaching as well. As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, it’s exciting to talk with buyers who are hoping to find their dream home in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch just in time to enjoy a long, fun-filled summer on the lake.
If you’re considering selling your Lake Nacimiento home this spring, you’ll want to be as prepared as possible to stand out from the competition. Buyers want to know the home they’re considering has been well cared for and that they’re able to move right in with little to no updates. So, how can you freshen up your home in order to appeal to Lake Nacimiento buyers this spring? Here are eight easy things you can do now!
1. Examine your Front Door: Colder weather on Lake Nacimiento, as well as wear and tear from use, can leave front doors looking dingy and weak. Replacing doors with a more energy efficient door looks great and saves money on heating and air. Don’t want to spend a lot? A simple paint job will give your old door an updated and refreshed look.
2. Check the Foundation: Inspect the foundation of your Lake Nacimiento home for large cracks and shifts in the blocks. Seal large cracks and gaps between the foundation and concrete/earth and directly on the concrete.
3. De-Clutter: It’s easy to collect things in your home during the winter months, but spring is all about having a fresh start! Take time to evaluate the things you really need to keep and those things that you can part with. Then, establish an organization system. Hardware stores offer a range of affordable shelving solutions.
4. Clean the Deck: The majority of time during the warm months on Lake Nacimiento will be spent outdoors on your home’s deck or patio! You want this area of your home to really shine and reflect how you care for your home. Remove grime, pollen, fungus and mildew by scrubbing the surface with a deck or patio cleanser. Of course you’ll also want to brush off your outdoor furniture and create the living space that you’ll enjoy for months to come!
5 Get Rid of Mold: Examine your ceilings, attic, walls and bathrooms. If you do notice mold, you must identify the source of the mold before repainting. Ask a local contractor for help. When you are ready to repaint, use mold growth inhibitor paint made for high moisture areas.
6. Exterior Paint: Carefully scrape, prime and paint peeling spots on trim or woodwork. You’ll protect wood against summer’s heat and moisture and prevent a more difficult paint job come fall.
7. Reseal: Caulk and other sealants safeguard your home against rain at vulnerable points such as cracks and open joints. Winter can rip caulk apart. Scrape out old caulk using a painter’s five-in-one tool. Clean and disinfect with one-part liquid chlorine bleach in three parts warm water.
8. Add some green: The first thing guests notice when approaching your Lake Nacimiento home is color, light and symmetry. When adding new shrubbery, keep it symmetrical. Change outdoor light bulbs to energy efficient bulbs. It is amazing what some flowers, light and fresh paint can accomplish in your home on Lake Nacimiento!
If selling your home is on your to-do list for the coming season, and you have questions on where to start; feel free to contact me! Helping those living in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch get their home sold is something I’ve been doing for nearly two decades and I’m confident that I can help sell your home in an efficient and stress-free manner.
I look forward to working with you!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Real Estate
View Oak Shores Listings
Visit My Website
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!