As you may know, Lake Nacimiento is experiencing a dip in temperatures with expected overnight lows to reach just 8 degrees for consecutive nights this week! And, while the chill in the air can keep us in the holiday spirit, you don’t want your Lake Nacimiento home to suffer any damages from the drop in temperatures.
If you own a vacation home in Oak Shores, but are away for the winter months, chances are you took precautions to turn off your water while you’re away. However, with temperatures this low, it may not be enough to prevent pipes from freezing. Draining the pipes is recommended to ensure your pipes remain safe and sound.
For those of you who are away and won’t have a chance to take care of this yourself, there’s help! Contact Randy and Janice Gillenwater at 805-472-9404 asap! For just $20, they’ll arrange to have your water turned off and pipes drained in your home. It’s just one more way the Lake Nacimiento community is looking out and caring for each other!
If you are currently residing in your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home, you may be wondering how you can be prepared for the cooler temperatures without spending a fortune on blasting your heat. Here are a few simple ways to keep warmth in your home while also keeping your heating costs at a minimum.
1. Look for Insulation Gaps– Be sure to check outside faucets, air vents and plumbing for any large gaps where warm air can escape from your home and cool air can come in. Expanding foam is a great way to easily fill these gaps to ensure you’re not losing heat from inside your Lake Nacimiento home.
2. Trap Warmth– During the day, be sure to leave blinds and curtains open to let in the sunlight and natural heat. At night, shut them to help “trap” the warmth.
3. Check Windows & Doors– Check all doors and windows for drafts. You can easily seal windows and doors to prevent the warm air from your Lake Nacimiento home escaping while making sure the cool air doesn’t leak in!
4. Light a Fire– It’s amazing how a fire in your fireplace can heat up a room instantly! Consider lowering your thermostat on cooler evenings and lighting a fire instead. You’ll instantly feel cozier in your Lake Nacimiento home.
5. Bundle Up– Feeling chilled? Instead of turning up the thermostat, throw on a pair of socks or an extra layer. These small choices to not turn up the heat can really add up in energy savings!
I hope these tips are helpful as you cozy up in your Lake Nacimiento home! As a real estate agent serving Lake Nacimiento for a number of years, my goal is to not only help buyers and sellers navigate the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market, but to help you get the most out of your experience of living or vacationing on Lake Nacimiento.
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!