One of the perks of living on Lake Nacimiento with kids is that they rarely get bored over the summer season! There is so much fun to be had at the lake, and most of it is free. But if you feel like your family isn’t always sure how to spend your time at the lake, without full-fledged boating and swimming every single day, I am here to offer you some fun suggestions. As your Lake Nacimiento real estate agent, I see families enjoying themselves at the lake all the time, and there is a plethora of activities to enjoy!
1. Roast marshmallows over a campfire. Build a permanent fire pit in your backyard, or purchase a portable one. Once the sun goes down, you can enjoy roasting marshmallows and making s’mores under the light of the moon on the lake every night. Lake life is fun after the sun goes down, too!
2. Bring indoor activities out. Anything that your kids might enjoy inside can be enjoyed outside as well. Pack up your lunch and eat it out on your patio or a local picnic table. Bring books outside, or make arts and crafts outside. This is a great way to get more time in fresh air and less time with technology!
3. Have a lakeside scavenger hunt. There are so many fun things to find in nature. Make a list and send your kids on a backyard or lakeside scavenger hunt. Objects could include an oak tree, a ladybug, a bird feather, animal tracks, a certain kind of boat on the lake, a pinecone, etc.
4. Swim! Swimming is obviously the most common family activity when you live on the lake. You can jump in from your own dock, or take your boat out and jump in from there. As always, be sure your kids are wearing life jackets in the lake. If you live in a surrounding community, like Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch, you’ve also got the option of using the community pools. Your kids can make neighborhood friends there!
5. Go boating/fishing. We see tons of photos of kids fishing on our Lake Nacimiento Facebook page. Kids love it! It’s a great activity for families to enjoy, and a peaceful one, too. Boating is of course a favorite activity as well. Take a cruise on a pontoon or pull your kids on tubes from a speedboat. Lots of options!
What are your kids’ favorite summertime activities on Lake Nacimiento? What are your favorite adult activities? Perhaps drinking a glass of wine while relaxing in an Adironback chair on your deck, admiring the lake while winding down from your day? Or are you more of an adventurous water sports kind of person? There is something for every age and personality type at Lake Naci!
Need help achieving your Lake Nacimiento real estate goals? Still need to buy a permanent home or vacation home this summer? Looking to sell? As your Lake Naci real estate agent, I am here to help! Give me a call, let’s make your real estate goals a reality this summer!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.