With Thanksgiving tomorrow, and the holidays underway, you may be planning on hosting friends and family for gatherings over the next month. And, while much of your focus is probably on creating a warm and welcoming interior with holiday decorations and cozy spaces in your Lake Nacimiento home; it’s important to remember your homes’ curb appeal as well!
There’s also a chance that your home may currently be on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market and you’re hoping to sell our home this holiday season. Making sure your home makes a great first impression from the moment buyers see your home is an important part of helping to sell your home!
Whether you’re expecting guests or buyers within the next month or so; here are a few key tips for creating beautiful curb appeal during the holidays and winter months.
1. Safety– You may have friends and family planning to visit soon, so you’ll want to put safety first! Be sure your driveway, sidewalk and front porch are cleared of debris. Also, be sure to secure any loose stones or steps that could be hazardous along the path up to the front door.
2. Tasteful Decorations– While you can have fun with the season’s bright lights and characters of Christmas, it can be easy for some to get carried away. Try small white lights around your homes’ bushes or front porch post, a simple wreath and garland to enhance your home’s appearance without being too distracting.
3. Fresh Paint– Your Lake Nacimiento home is more visible in the winter months as trees are free from their leaves and your home’s condition is more exposed. Touching up chipped or faded paint is a great way to help your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home look refreshed.
4. A Neat Lawn– Be sure to keep your lawn free from any leaves, twigs, etc… that may have blown through with the harsher winds. Just because your lawn is not expected to be as lush as the summer months, doesn’t mean to ignore the state of your lawn. Keeping it cleaned up will show that you care.
5. Clean Gutters– It’s not too late to make sure your gutters are free from leaves and other debris. You’ll want these cleared so that rain can easily run through the gutters and not cause damage.
6. Lighting– The use of lights can really make your home stand out with the shorter winter days. Since there is more time without the suns’ light, using a variety of lighting can give your home a warm glow. Indoor window lights in each room provides a nice appeal, while lights along the pathway up to your home, a bright porch light and tasteful Christmas lights are all ways in which to enhance your Lake Nacimiento homes’ curb appeal.
7. Cold Weather Plants– Hearty plants and Evergreen trees can withstand the winter months while adding visual appeal to the outside of your home. Evergreen Holly will add a splash of color with its red berries and can stand up to the cooler weather.
I hope these tips inspire you to create a welcoming first impression for guests or buyers! It can be easy to forget about our homes’ curb appeal during the cooler months, but it’s still an important aspect of your Lake Nacimiento home you’ll want to maintain!
If you are hoping to sell your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home, please let me know! I would be happy to discuss your needs and walk with you through the home selling process.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!