With the holiday season in full swing, many are enjoying the shopping, parties and time with family and friends. It can be a fun filled season, especially if you’re celebrating here on Lake Nacimiento!
Yet, there are some of you who may be a bit distracted this season as you have your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market. You want to enjoy the holidays, but you wonder about decorating your home with Christmas cheer and are concerned whether your home will sell before the end of the year.
As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, I can assure you that there are buyers out there who are looking at homes for sale in Oak Shores and Heritage Ranch during the holidays. In fact, this time of year gives you the opportunity to showcase your home as a cozy and inviting place to live and can also help buyers envision themselves celebrating the holidays in your home next year!
If you are considering selling your home or your home is already on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market, here are a few tips that will help your home appeal to buyers this holiday season!
1. Go Light on the Lights- An abundance of outdoor lights can leave Lake Nacimiento buyers wondering what the front of your home looks like. And, while you may love your giant inflatable lawn ornaments; it may be best to leave those in storage this year. Everyone has different tastes and you don’t want buyers to be met at your home with a sense of “tacky.”
2. Add Holiday Adornments- Again, you don’t want to go overboard, but a simple evergreen wreath, a poinsettia center piece or hot cider simmering on the stove can create a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. Of course it’s best to avoid overly religious flourishes as this can be off-putting to some.
3. Give Warmth- Just before a showing, be sure to turn up your thermostat a few degrees to make it extra toasty inside. Put a fire in the fireplace to add an extra sense of warmth and highlight the cozy atmosphere that this feature of your home can bring.
4. Mind the Tree- While a tall Christmas tree can showcase a two story living room, be sure to be careful of the tree’s width. The last thing you want is to have your Lake Nacimiento home appear smaller than it really is. Also, you’ll want to stick with a cohesive theme for your ornaments. The family homemade ornaments may be meaningful to you, but can quickly make your tree look gaudy to outsiders. Keep it simple this year and remember, there’s always next year when you can display those keepsakes in your new home!
5. Complement Your Décor- You’ll want to make sure that your Christmas decoration palette matches or complements your current décor. If the colors clash or seem to be fighting for attention, this can be very distracting to buyers and can take away from the great features of your home you’re trying to highlight.
6. Highlight the Highlights- Draw attention to a beautiful fireplace mantle with a few tasteful ornaments or enhance an arched doorway with hanging mistletoe.
7. Offer Tasty Treats- While you don’t want to come across as trying to bribe buyers, everyone loves holiday treats and having a plate full of cookies and candy can make the home showing a little sweeter. Hot chocolate and apple cider are always welcome and buyers will feel that you have their best interest in mind.
I hope these tips encourage you that selling your home during the holidays is possible! If you have questions about putting your home on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market or wonder about my marketing plan to get your home sold; please contact me today!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Real Estate
View Oak Shores Listings
Visit My Website
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!