Selling your Lake Nacimiento home may be filled with some highs and lows as you deal with various offers on your home. Whether your home has been on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market for a few months, or you are just beginning to consider selling your home in Oak Shores or the surrounding areas; one of the most challenging things to think about is your home selling price.
You want to get the best possible price for your home, especially if you’ve put a lot of time and energy into your Lake Nacimiento home. It’s easy for emotions to get involved, especially if you’ve received a low ball offer. The best thing to do is take a few steps back and consider your options when this happens. Here are five responses that allow you to work with the offer without feeling like you’re settling on terms you don’t like.
1. Consider the terms– Price is important for most Oak Shores’ buyers and sellers, but it’s not the only deal point. A low purchase offer might make sense if the contingencies are reasonable, the closing date meets your needs, and the buyer is preapproved for a mortgage. Consider what terms you might change in a counteroffer to make the deal work.
2. Counter the purchase offer– Unless you’ve received multiple purchase offers on your Lake Nacimiento home, the best response is to counter the low offer with a price and terms you’re willing to accept. Some buyers make a low offer because they think that’s normal in offering on a home, they’re afraid they’ll overpay or they want to test your limits.
A counteroffer signals that you’re willing to negotiate. One strategy for your counteroffer is to lower your price, but remove any concessions such as seller assistance with closing costs, or features such as kitchen appliances that you’d like to take with you.
3. Get the agents together– If the purchase offer is too low to counter, but you don’t have a better option, ask your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent to call the buyer’s agent and try to narrow the price gap so that a counteroffer would make sense. Also, ask your agent whether the buyer (or buyer’s agent) has a reputation for lowball purchase offers. If that’s the case, you might feel freer to reject the offer.
4. Review your comps– Ask your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent whether any homes that are comparable to yours have been sold or put on the market since your home was listed for sale. If those new comps are at lower prices, you might have to lower your price to match them if you want to sell your Lake Nacimiento home.
5. Don’t signal desperation-Buyers are sensitive to signs that a seller may be receptive to a low purchase offer. If your home is vacant or your home’s listing describes you as a “motivated” seller, you’re signaling you’re open to a low offer. If you can remedy the situation, maybe by renting furniture or asking your Lake Nacimeinto Real Estate agent not to mention that you’re motivated to sell, the next purchase offer you get might be more to your liking.
Your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent can help you determine which option is best for your home and situation. If you are still searching for someone who can answer your questions about selling your home, or need assistance in your Lake Nacimiento home sale; please let me know! I have years of experience and a proven success record in selling homes in Oak Shores and the surrounding areas and would be happy to help you each step of the way. I look forward to hearing from you!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Real Estate
View Oak Shores Listings
Visit My Website Email Me
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!