Last week, we looked at the current Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market and why now is a great time to buy a home in either Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch on Lake Nacimiento.
Yet, buying a home is a large decision and narrowing down your choices to find the perfect home can be one of the biggest challenges. As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, my goal is to talk with buyers to get a sense of their needs, lifestyle and budget to ensure I’m showing the homes that would work for them.
One of the things I encourage buyers to do is to make a list of their needs, wants and what would give them cause for concern or make them walk away from a home. This helps in making sure buyers don’t simply fall in love with the first home they see because it seems perfect on the surface. It could very well be the home for them, but it’s important to ask a few questions about the Lake Nacimiento home before rushing into making an offer. Here are five questions that you’ll want to know the answer to in any Lake Nacimiento home you view!
1. Have you had any offers on the property? This will let you know what type of competition you’ll have if you decide to put in an offer on the home. You’ll also want to know if the seller has rejected any offers as this will give you insight into what the seller is expecting from the sale.
2. Has this house been in escrow? If the home has been in escrow and didn’t sell, it’s important to find out why. It could be that the funds fell through on the buyers end, but if it’s an issue that came up in the home inspection; you’ll want to know what you’re dealing with if you decide to buy the home.
3. How long has the property been on the market? The longer a home sits on the market, the less activity it gets. If the Lake Nacimiento home has been on the market for some time, it could mean the seller is more willing to be flexible on the price.
4. Why are the owners selling? The agent who is showing the house may not want to answer this question if the seller is anxious to sell quickly. A sellers agent will want to get the best price for the home and offering up this type of information may mean lower offers on the table. However, if you find that the seller is in financial straits or is moving soon, this can play in your favor. Of course you’ll want to be sensitive to the sellers situation and not present an offer that is offensive or much lower than you know the home is worth. Your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent will help point you in the right direction when it comes to placing an offer on a home.
5. Are there any other costs of ownership? This is common in buying a home within a community like Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch. Be sure you find out what the Home Owners Association fees are and what they cover so that you’re not surprised by them after buying the home.
As you begin considering buying a home on Lake Nacimiento; I hope these questions will be at the forefront of your mind during your home search.
If you haven’t yet found a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent to walk with you through the home buying process and show you some of the beautiful homes currently on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market; let me know!
I would enjoy helping you find your ideal home on Lake Nacimiento!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!