Lake Nacimiento has welcomed in the spring season and there’s a sense of excitement as the air continues to get warmer! Those living in Oak Shores and Heritage Ranch are anticipating the long warm weather season that brings a variety of great outdoor activities to Lake Nacimiento. From boating and skiing to hikes, bike rides and community events, the warm months offer endless possibilities!
In order to fully relax and enjoy life on Lake Nacimiento, you’ll want to be sure to get your home’s spring maintenance done soon! You want to ensure that your home is in great condition and hasn’t experienced any damage during the winter months. Even if there are no major repairs that need to be made, freshening up your home for spring will keep your home healthy and extend the quality of your Lake Nacimiento home.
Below are ten great maintenance tips that you’ll want to check off your to do list, so that when it’s time to get out on the lake and spend days outdoors- you’ll be fully prepared to do so!
1. Examine your Front Door: Lake Nacimiento winters, and wear and tear from use can leave front doors looking dingy and weak. Replacing doors with a more energy efficient door looks great and saves money on heating and air. Don’t want to spend a lot? A simple paint job will do wonders for an old door.
2. Clean Gutters: Gutters are a breeding ground for insects, mold, mildew and algae spores that can enter your attic and allow biological growths to enter your Lake Nacimiento home. Scoop out debris and run water down the gutter with a hose. Invest in a gutter cap or screen. Scrub out the inside with a gutter brush.
3. Check the Foundation: Inspect the foundation of your home for large cracks and shifts in the blocks. Seal large cracks and gaps between the foundation and concrete/earth and directly on the concrete.
4. Exterior Paint: Carefully scrape, prime and paint peeling spots on trim or woodwork. You’ll protect wood against summer’s heat and moisture and prevent a more difficult paint job come fall.
5. Clean the Deck: Warm weather in Lake Nacimiento means spending a lot of time outdoors on your home’s deck! You want this area of your home to really shine and reflect how you care for your home. Remove grime, pollen, fungus and mildew by scrubbing the surface with a deck cleanser. Of course you’ll also want to put out your outdoor furniture and create the living space that you’ll enjoy for month to come!
6. Reseal: Caulk and other sealants safeguard your home against rain at vulnerable points such as cracks and open joints. Winter can rip caulk apart. Scrape out old caulk using a painter’s five-in-one tool. Clean and disinfect with one-part liquid chlorine bleach in three parts warm water.
7. De-Clutter: It’s easy to collect things in your home during the winter months, but spring is all about having a fresh start! Take time to evaluate the things you really need to keep and those things that you can part with. Then, establish an organization system. Hardware stores offer a range of affordable shelving solutions. Throw out junk and place keepsakes in labeled shoe boxes, which stack nicely on shelves and under beds.
8. Change Filters and Service Air Conditioning: Breathe cleaner air by making sure your filters are changed out! You’ll also want to make sure your air conditioner is in good working order before you need to use it.
9. Get Rid of Mold: Examine your ceilings, attic, walls and bathrooms. If you do notice mold, you must identify the source of the mold before repainting. Ask a local contractor for help. When you are ready to repaint, use mold growth inhibitor paint made for high moisture areas.
10. Add some green: The first thing guests notice when approaching your Lake Nacimiento home is color, light and symmetry. When adding new shrubbery, keep it symmetrical. Change outdoor light bulbs to energy efficient bulbs. It is amazing what some flowers, light and fresh paint can accomplish in your home on Lake Nacimiento!
These tips should help get you started on refreshing your Lake Nacimiento home for the warm weather! If you recently moved into your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home and have not yet experienced a summer on Lake Nacimiento; you’re in for a treat! You’ll enjoy the community involvement and outdoor activities, or just the opportunity to lounge on your deck while taking in the views of our beautiful lake.
If you’ve been considering buying a waterfront home on Lake Nacimiento, now is a great time to do so! Feel free to browse through the homes currently on the Lake Nacimiento Real Estate market, or contact me today to get started!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!