Can you believe it’s 4th of July week already? Summer flies! Don’t miss the chance to enjoy family-friendly festivities this week in SLO County or Monterey County. Options include barbecues, live music, fireworks and more, or you could just enjoy boating and swimming at Lake Nacimiento, as many others will be doing!
As your Central Coast real estate agent, I’ve put together a list of local events taking place in celebration of Independence Day:
1. The community of Oak Shores is hosting a 4th of July Pancake Breakfast from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Enjoy pancakes, bacon, eggs, fruit, orange juice and coffee for $7 with your neighbors. Adults can also indulge in Bloody Mary’s and Mimosas for $3. Then from 7 to 9 p.m., Eddy Cain will provide live music on the patio. Donations of $5 are appreciated. BYOB.
2. Paso Pops is the annual 4th of July celebration in Paso Robles, taking place this year at the Paso Robles Event Center! This is a ticketed event, with patriotic live music, family-friendly activities, carnival rides and games, wine tasting and fireworks.
3. Carmel-by-the-Sea’s Annual 4th of July Celebration takes place in Devendorf Park on Ocean Avenue from 12 to 3 p.m. Enjoy hot dogs, cold drinks, chips, ice cream, watermelon and cookies. It’s all free to enjoy!
4. Atascadero’s 3rd Annual Colony Days 4th of July Bluegrass Freedom Festival takes place from 4 to 8 p.m. at Atascadero Lake Park. Enjoy music, boating, bounce houses and games. Admission is free, with food, beer and wine available to purchase.
5. Head to Cambria’s Shamel Park for a full day of fun, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.! This American Legion July 4th Celebration includes fun family events, music, barbecue and fireworks. A trolley will run from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. from North Moonstone to Main Street to East Village.
6. Arroyo Grande will continue their Village Summer Concert Series on July 4 from 1 to 3 p.m. Enjoy patriotic music and Sousa marches in the park from the Village Band, food, drinks and free tours of historical buildings. Then head to the beach for fireworks that night.
7. Pacific Grove hosts America’s Last Hometown with a BBQ and live entertainment at Caledonia Park from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Enjoy chicken or hot dogs, baked beans, garlic bread, salad and dessert.
8. Seaside hosts a memorable 4th of July Celebration and the only fireworks display in Monterey County! Starting at 4:30 p.m., enjoy live music, arts and crafts, pony rides, bounce houses, food vendors and more, followed by fireworks around 9:30 p.m. It’s free to attend!
9. Monterey has all sorts of happenings on July 4, including a pancake breakfast at 7 a.m., a 4th of July Parade down Alvarado and Calle Principal at 10 a.m., and the annual lawn party in front of Colton Hall from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This includes BBQ, live music, carnival games, food booths and more.
Enjoy your 4th of July holiday this week on the Central Coast! Summer flies, so if you’ve got Central Coast real estate goals you’d like to accomplish before summer’s end, don’t hesitate to contact me, your Central Coast real estate agent. The market is hot, it’s a great time to buy, sell or both! I look forward to hearing from you soon! Happy Independence Day!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.