There are many great homes currently available in Oak Shores and Heritage Ranch on Lake Nacimiento. If you’re considering buying a vacation home or a permanent residence there are some key factors that you’ll want to look at before buying your Lake Nacimiento home. While there are many homes to choose from, determining your needs, lifestyle and budget will help you narrow down and hone in on the home that is ideal for you!
As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent, I want to help you find your dream home on Lake Nacimiento and can help you through each step of the home buying process. Below are eight factors that will help determine which Lake Nacimiento home will fit what you’re looking for.
1. Location– No matter how tired we get of hearing it; this is one of the most important things! You can always make changes to the interior and exterior of your home, making it look exactly as you would like, but you cannot move your home to a new location. Be sure that the location you choose matches your desires for things such lake access, lake front or off lake.
2. Situational Factors– Other than the location of the home, be sure to check out the other details of the location. Is the home on hill with a view of Lake Nacimiento? Do your windows look directly into the neighbors’ home? Is the yard good for pets, children or a garden?
3 Curb Appeal– Be sure to consider the home’s condition and determine whether you are willing to put in extra money if updates are needed. Reflect on the style of the home to see if it is in line with your style. If gardening is not something you like, be sure to consider the maintenance of the lawn and foliage.
4. Size and Floorplan– Although you want the most space for your money, buying a home that’s too large may not be in your best interest. Know your goals for the home, whether it’s a permanent home or a vacation getaway that you’ll use for hosting family and friends. Floor plan, along with the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, play a role in how comfortable and efficient your home is for you.
5. Kitchen– The kitchen is the “heart of the home” so you want to know you enjoy the space! Remodeling is always an option, but is a huge undertaking and can become very costly.
6. Closets and Storage– Check out the closets and storage space to see if you can live with it and it will fit any additional gear for enjoying Lake Nacimiento. Do you have alot of outdoor gear for biking, camping, canoeing or even boating? You’ll want a home that can easily fit all of your things. There are always options of wardrobe’s or other creative ways to get more storage space in a room, but determining your storage needs first is important.
7. Windows and Lighting– Consider the amount of windows or light available in each room. Most homes on Lake Nacimiento have many windows that offer stunning lake views! If you enjoy taking in the scenery, making sure the home you choose has plenty of sunlight and windows is important.
8. Finishing Touches– Look at those special details that make the home stand out. While this is minor, it is still what makes a home feel pulled together. If you absolutely love the Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home; buy it. You can always make additional updates later!
If you are searching for a home on Lake Nacimiento and would like an experienced Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent to show you around; please let me know! I’d be happy to answer any questions you have about buying a Lake Nacimiento home and can walk with you through each step of the home buying process.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!