Buying a home in the Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch communities on Lake Nacimiento is a big decision and one that you want to be prepared to face. It can be a smooth and stress free process if you know what to expect as you enter the home buying market. There are many beautiful homes on Lake Nacimiento from which to choose, so the hardest part of buying your Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home may just be having to choose! So, how can you ensure your home buying experience is stress free? Follow these tips from FrontDoor.com and you’ll be a Lake Nacimiento home owner before you know it!
1: Know when it’s the right time in your life to buy– Decide whether to buy based on your life and what makes sense for you, your family, your plans and your finances. Then, use the news about what’s going on in the market to decide how to buy: what kind of house to buy, what sort of loan to use, how much to offer, and other strategies for executing your home buying plans.
2: Get a good grip on what to expect during the homebuying process– Research as much as possible, but be sure to decide on a trusted Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent as soon as possible. They’ll be able to give you a layout of what you can expect from buying an Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch home. Ask your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent when you’re expected to show up so you can take time off work, and when you’re expected to write checks so you can be prepared.
3. Learn how to prevent money surprises during escrow– When you first apply for a loan, you’ll receive a good faith estimate which is a standardized list of costs associated with obtaining the mortgage and a breakdown of the monthly mortgage payment due on the mortgage for which you were approved. Keep in mind this is just an estimate. When you close on escrow, you’ll pay prorated mortgage interest and property taxes from the date of closing till the end of the month. The date of closing can make a difference in thousands of dollars required to close. Ask your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent to help you set your closing date in accordance with the cash you have at your disposal.
4. Find the right Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent– Finding the right Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent can make all the difference! Be sure to look for the following: member of the National Association of Realtors, experienced in the transaction you envision (short sale, foreclosure, etc…), great referrals and testimonials, is a problem solver and can give you examples, and appeals to your personality style (you could potentially be spending a lot of time with your realtor, so you want to make sure it’s a good fit).
5. Solve the problem of how much you want to offer– This can be tricky, but there are some ways to determine the price of your offer. Your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent can provide a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) which shows what other houses in the area are selling for. You can also determine the price by the sellers’ motivation to sell as well as the current market factors- which happen to be in the buyers’ favor right now!
6. Avoid buying a lemon– You may have nightmares of coming home to a recent home purchase only to find it falling apart. Ways to avoid this are to thoroughly go over the disclosures which are required to list out issues or recent repairs within the home, get a home inspection, have contingencies in place when making your offer, maintain a home warranty policy that will cover many major malfunctions for a service call fee.
7. Know when to remove contingencies or waive objections– Removing contingencies or waiving objections usually puts thousands of dollars on the line, so it’s not a step to be taken lightly. Plus, by removing contingencies or waiving your objections, you are essentially telling the seller that you plan to close the deal — something you just shouldn’t do unless and until you are satisfied with the following items: title, disclosures and inspections, condition issues, appraisal and underwriting. Your Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent can help you determine if and when you need to take this step.
If you have any questions regarding these tips or would like to set up a time to meet regarding buying a home on Lake Nacimiento; feel free to contact me today! I would be happy to walk with you through the entire home buying process to make sure the transaction is a smooth and efficient one! I look forward to hearing from you!
Your Oak Shores Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Real Estate
View Oak Shores Listings
Visit My Website Email Me
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!