Halloween is coming up! Do you know what you’re dressing up as? Have you carved your pumpkins yet? Halloween may look different this year, but there are still lots of ways to celebrate and have fun! As your Lake Nacimiento real estate agent, I’m here to fill you in on how to enjoy the holiday.
1. Through the end of the month, you can decorate your front lawn in Oak Shores with harvest decorations or scarecrows! Help make the entire Lake Nacimiento community fun and festive. Then walk, bike or drive around to admire all of the other decorations.
2. Oak Shores is also in the midst of scheduling a trunk or treat experience for kids on Oct. 31 at 1 p.m. Adults in costumes would pass out candy from vehicles, golf carts, etc. This would take place in the upper main parking lot. There is also a kayak and paddleboard event happening in the afternoon that day, and participants can dress in costume. Watch their Facebook page for updates!
3. In Heritage Ranch, a Halloween Golf Cart Parade will take place on Oct. 31 at 6 p.m. If you want to participate, meet at the big pool parking lot at 5:45 p.m. If you want to watch, stand outside your house, as the parade will go by most streets. Dress in your costumes and get ready for candy!
4. Through Oct. 31, Heritage Ranch is also hosting a Scarecrow Scavenger Hunt. Decorate your best scarecrow and display in your front lawn. Then head out and check out all of the other scarecrows in the neighborhood! There’s still time to make your lawn festive!
5. Head to Salinas Valley Fairgrounds for a Drive Through Trunk or Treat event for kids ages 2-12 from 4 to 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 31. Dress is costume and load up on candy! Click the link if you’d like to participate as a trunk handing out candy.
6. King City is hosting a 2020 Halloween Decorating Contest for houses and businesses. Registration is free and prizes will be awarded. Judging will take place between 6:30 and 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 21, so get decorating! This is open to King City and Pine Canyon residents.
7. Charles Paddock Zoo in Atascadero is hosting a Virtual Halloween Costume Contest from Oct. 17 through Nov. 1. Dress in costume and head to the zoo anytime between those dates. Model in front of the Halloween Photo-Op and send them a picture. Awards will be given to best costumes!
8. Monterey County Fairgrounds is hosting pop-up drive-in movies all season long. This weekend, they’ve got ‘Scream’ Oct. 16, two “Hocus Pocus’ showings on Oct. 17, Howl’s Moving Castle Oct. 18, ‘The Exorcist’ Oct. 18, ‘It’ Oct. 23 and more, through Oct. 31. Check out the list and purchase tickets! Cost is $30 per car.
Enjoy dressing up and celebrating Halloween in new ways this year! When ready to achieve your Lake Nacimiento real estate goals, give our Oak Shores Realty team a call. No tricks from us, just the treat of achieving your goals. We look forward to hearing from you!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Real Estate
View Oak Shores Listings
Visit My Website
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.