We have a long holiday weekend upon us. How will you be celebrating it in Central California? Will you be boating on Lake Nacimiento? Will you drive to the Central Coast to play in the waves? Will you head to a local winery to enjoy live music, delicious grub and refreshing wines? You’ve got a lot of options!
As your Central California real estate agent, I’d like to fill you in on all there is to do here in the Central California region this upcoming weekend. Choose an event and enjoy this salute to summer!
- Any weekend at Lake Nacimiento is a good weekend, but Labor Day weekend is especially popular! Locals and visitors alike flock to the lake for boating, fishing, swimming, water sports, picnics, hiking and more. I recommend heading out to the lake early to avoid traffic! Early morning and late evening are the best times to go fishing, and every time is a great time for boating and enjoying the water. Keep these boat safety tips in mind when cruising the water!
- Classic car lovers will unite at the 2014 Paso Robles Classic Car Show Weekend this Friday and Saturday in Downtown Paso Robles. Friday night, pre-1979 classic cars will be cruising through the streets of Central California, and then Saturday, they will be parked for all to come and admire. Over 300 cars are expected to participate, so it’ll be a day worth visiting Paso Robles!
- Celebrate your holiday weekend at the 46 West Wineries Harvest Block Party this Saturday, Aug. 30, at Doce Robles Winery in Paso Robles! This “mini wine festival” will put you in high spirits as you socialize and sip wine in a casual wine atmosphere. For $40 per person, you can enjoy wine tastings from member wineries, great food and rockin’ live music from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- Interested in your future? Stop by ROTTA Winery on Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m. for a Labor Day Weekend Palm Reading! Madam Rose will be there to read your palm and offer a glance into your future. Readings are complimentary for Wine Collective members, and complimentary to anyone who purchases a glass of wine.
- Peachy Canyon Winery in Templeton has live music on Saturday and Sunday! Saturday, traveling musician James Sweetwater will be performing. Playing the guitar and banjo, he calls his performance “the story of the Universe told in song.” Higgies World BBQ will also be there to serve up delicious food. Then Sunday, Rail will be performing, which is a local band based out of Atascadero.
- Get out and enjoy the fresh air here in beautiful Central California on Sunday! SLO County Sundays at Donati Family Vineyard are perfect for that. From 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., stop by their tasting room for complimentary wine and a 10 percent discount on any purchases. They also have an expansive lawn for picnics, and two full-sized bocce ball courts, so it’s a great place to spend an afternoon!
From Grace Borzini