Every September is California Wine Month, a month when harvest season begins. It’s a great month to celebrate the great work and delicious wines from local wineries. As your Central Coast real estate agent, allow me to fill you in on how you can celebrate and support Paso Robles wineries. While things are different this year, wineries are still open and finding new creative ways to serve their customers!
1. Want to go wine tasting at home, in your sweatpants? Mitchella Vineyard & Winery is open for pickup and deliveries, and they also have To-Go Boxes. Each box contains a mixed red and white flight of six different 1-ounce vials of wine. These boxes can also be enhanced with a cheese pairing. Enjoy wine tasting from home!
2. Derby Wine Estates is hosting Outdoor Vineyard Tastings at Laura’s Vineyard. Enjoy an exclusive wine and cheese tasting and vineyard tour, where you’ll learn how they grow, tend, harvest, crush, blend and age Derby wines. Capacity is very limited, purchase a ticket in advance to reserve your spot.
3. Epoch Estate Wines has a new Tap Wine & Food Pairing experience to enjoy this month. They have crafted a program that combines three of their keg wines with light bites. Each appointment includes a private table and socially distanced service. Sign up for a slot!
4. If you’ve got a sweet tooth, Parrish Family Vineyard has Macaron and Wine Pairing on Saturdays and Sundays. You’ll try three different types of macarons paired with three Estate wines. Reservations are recommended.
5. Cass Winery is hosting Open Air Vineyard Yoga on Fridays at 9:30 a.m. Upcoming dates include Sept. 18 and Sept. 26. Enjoy an hour of outdoor yoga followed by a glass of bubbly! Sign up for one session, or save when you sign up for two sessions or a full month.
6. Cass Winery is also hosting Wednesdays Around the World: Italy on Sept. 23 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Reserve your spot! Enjoy delicious Italian cuisine, with a menu created by Chef Charlie, paired with delicious wines.
7. On Sept. 25, Halter Ranch Vineyard will host their Library Dinner at Dusk – Dinner with a View Series. This will be the last of the series, as winemaker and chef curate a meal featuring locally sourced ingredients paired with wines from their library. Arrival times will be staggered to ensure social distancing. The event will also include a tour around the vineyard.
8. Sept. 26, from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., enjoy a Lone Madrone Wine and Kayak Tour in Morro Bay! First you’ll enjoy kayaking and looking for local wildlife, and then you’ll stop for lunch on the dunes and have a chance to hike to the top. Your lunch will include your favorite Lone Madrone wines. It is an easy kayak trip, no experience necessary.
These are great examples of the creative events taking place this month in Paso Robles! You can also search for California Wine Month events and activities throughout California on the Discover California Wines website.
Enjoy your wine this month, and continue to support your favorite local wineries and businesses! When ready to achieve your fall real estate goals at Lake Nacimiento or throughout the Central Coast region, give our Oak Shores Realty team a call. We are here to answer any questions you may have and to guide you through the entire home-buying and/or home-selling process.
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.