As a Lake Nacimiento Real Estate agent for over twenty years, I know one of the major factors that plays into buying a home is the current state of the real estate market. Buyers want to know that the market is in their favor and will provide them with a fair value for the home that they choose.
If you’re looking to buy a vacation home or permanent residence on Lake Nacimiento; you’ll want to begin your home search now. Recent national housing market reports indicate that the market is continuing to improve, which means home prices are on the rise!
CoreLogic recently released its July Home Price Index report. It showed that there’s been a year-over-year increase in home prices (including distressed homes) by 3.8 percent from July 2011 to July of this year. This jump was the largest seen since August of 2006, and is a huge encouragement for where the market is heading. This past July also marked the fifth consecutive increase nationally in both the year-over year and month-over-month basis as seen is the 1.3 percent increase from this past June to July.
Buying a Lake Nacimiento home this fall means you’ll still be able to cash in on the low mortgage rates and low priced homes. As you begin your home search in Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch on Lake Nacimiento; here are a few key things you’ll want to consider that will help you hone in your search and create a quicker home buying process.
1. Layout and Space– Know your goals for the home, whether it’s a long term home or a home that you’ll use for hosting family and friends for vacations. Floor plan, along with the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, play a role in how comfortable and efficient your home is for you. Although you want the most space for your money, buying a home that’s too large may not be in your best interest.
2. Location & Views– It’s often said that location is key, and that’s very true! You can always make changes to the interior and exterior of your home, making it look exactly as you would like, but you cannot move your home to a new location. Be sure that the location you choose matches your desires for things such beach access, amenities and community. Also consider the views from the Oak Shores or Heritage Ranch homes that you tour. If you want to be able to sit out on your porch, or enjoy the views from your living room, this will be on the top of your list. A home that’s a good price, but is in a less than ideal environment may not be the home for you.
3. Kitchen– For many, the kitchen is the “heart of the home” so you want to know you enjoy the space! Remodeling is always an option, but is a huge undertaking and can become very costly.
4. Closets and Storage– Those living or vacationing on Lake Nacimiento will often need extra storage for activities such as fishing, water skiing, boating, etc… so be sure the home you’re viewing has adequate storage.
5. Finishes– Look at those special details that make the home stand out. While this is minor, it is still what makes a home feel pulled together. If you absolutely love the Lake Nacimiento home, but aren’t keen on the finishes; buy it. You can always make additional updates later!
I hope these tips are helpful and that the current real estate market boosts your confidence to take the next step in buying a Lake Nacimiento home. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or are ready to begin your home search!
I look forward to hearing from you!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.
Please let us know how we can help!