How are you enjoying spring on the Central Coast so far? Have you taken a drive through the rolling green hills, hiked through wildflower fields, or gone fishing at Lake Nacimiento? As your SLO County real estate agent, I’m not the first to notice how beautiful the Central Coast area is this time of year. I suggest you get out and enjoy it while the beauty lasts!
- ATV Adventures – Head to Oceano Dunes, because this is the only beach in California that allows off-highway vehicle recreation. Whether it’s your first time, or you’re a pro, enjoy miles of coastline while off-roading on an ATV.
- Baseball – Los Angeles and San Francisco aren’t too far away if you want to catch an MLB game, but here in SLO County, we have Cal Poly’s baseball team! They are already halfway through their season, but that means they still have half of their home games left. Then at the end of May, SLO Blue’s kick off their season.
- Beaches – It’s warm enough to head to the beach and enjoy a day in the sun or water! Enjoy tanning, picnicking or beach walking on the sand, or get in the water for some paddle boarding, surfing or kayaking. Head to Lake Nacimiento for exciting water sports or relaxing fishing. Lots of options!
- SLO County farmer’s market – Every Thursday night, head downtown San Luis Obispo from 6 to 9 p.m. for fresh produce, locally crafted items, fresh corn on the cob, BBQ sandwiches, live performers and so much more. There are numerous other farmer’s markets in SLO County as well.
- Arts and culture – On a rainy day (fingers crossed!), an art or theater event is the ideal option, and there are plenty coming up! Enjoy Mamma Mia! at the Performing Arts Center, and shows at SLO Little Theatre, such as True West, Wit and Bye Bye Birding. Art After Dark takes place every first Friday of the month.
- Spring events – Mark your calendar for all the events taking place around SLO County this spring! This includes Cal Poly’s Open House, SLO Marathon, Flavor of SLO, SLO Jazz Fest and more. You can find more information on these upcoming events in the Share SLO article.
What is your favorite springtime activity on the Central Coast? Share a comment, I’d love to hear!
Now is the time to accomplish your Central Coast real estate market goals, so that you can be settled into your SLO County home and ready to enjoy all that the Central Coast has to offer. When ready to buy or sell, contact me, your Central Coast real estate agent!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.