As a Central California real estate agent, I’m a huge advocate of buying local and supporting our local farmers and agriculture. Luckily, with the plethora of farmer’s markets available to us in the Central California area, it is very easy to do so! There is a market every night of the week.
Bookmark this blog post so that you always know the dates and times for the farmer’s markets taking place in SLO County this summer. You can pay at most of the markets with your credit or debit card, making shopping simple. Most markets also accepts CalFresh EBT cards, so bring your tokens.
Here is the schedule:
- Los Osos & Baywood Park – Mondays from 2 to 4:30 p.m. It is located at 2nd and Santa Maria Streets by the bay.
- Atascadero – Wednesdays from 3 to 6 p.m. It is located in Albertson’s parking lot on El Camino Real.
- Pismo Beach – Wednesdays from 2 to 5 p.m. It is located at the Pier and includes fresh produce, specialty foods and handmade items.
- Paso Robles – It has three weekly markets! One is on Tuesdays from 3 to 6 p.m., and another is Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Both are located in Downtown City Park under the trees, at 11th and Spring Streets. The third market is Fridays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. This one is located in the Walmart parking lot on Niblick and River Road.
- San Luis Obispo – Thursdays from 6 to 9 p.m. It is located in Downtown San Luis Obispo on Higuera Street. This market is huge, with more than 120 vendors. Options include fresh produce, flowers, ethnic cuisine and more, plus live music, activities and a mascot. There is valet bike parking as well.
- Cayucos – Fridays from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. It is located next to the beach. You can expect fresh produce, nuts, eggs, dairy and flowers.
- Cambria – Fridays from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. It is located in the Veteran’s Hall parking lot on Main Street in Cambria’s West Village.
- Avila Beach – Fridays from 4 to 8 p.m. It is located on the Promenade and includes fresh produce, food booths, wine tasting, live music and dancing, and family-friendly activities. Free trolley rides are available to the market.
- Templeton – Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. It is located in the town park, at 6th and Crocker Streets. This is the largest farmer’s market in North SLO County.
- Arroyo Grande – Saturdays from 12 to 2:30 p.m. It is located in the parking lot at 215 East Branch Street. Enjoy fresh produce and flowers, along with an art show and live entertainment.
- Nipomo – Sundays from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. It is located in the parking lot of the Monarch Club at Trilogy. It includes fresh produce, often picked that morning, and you’ll always be dealing directly with the farmer who grew it.
Enjoy one, a few or all of these farmer’s markets at some point this summer in SLO County! When ready to buy a Central California home, or when ready to sell your Central California home, contact me, your Central California real estate agent!
Your Local Lake Nacimiento Real Estate Expert
Oak Shores Realty
Oak Shores Realty specializes in Oak Shores at Lake Nacimiento properties. Please contact us today to get more information on Lake Nacimiento lake homes. Oak Shores Realty can also provide you an insiders “Lake Nacimiento Buying Guide” with great information including maps and market information.